12/12 show...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bubba and Brent comment on Howard Stern’s Rant about One Direction and Sirius Management
Bubba details the Bubba Christmas Party itinerary

Bubba was talking about now that SiriusXM has approx 20 million subscribers, SiriusXM doesn't feel like they need Howard. The BTLS people predicted that if Howard left, about 4-7 million subscribers would cancel their subs.

If you sneezed, you missed Brent saying the words "fake caps."

Not much of a revelation, but hopefully Howard didn't hear that bit.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Terrestrial radio is a wasteland. 5 years ago I would have probably cancelled if Howard left, but now there's nothing else. I just renewed for $270 last week because there is not alternative for somebody who likes talk radio and isn't interested in Liimbaugh.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Terrestrial radio is a wasteland. 5 years ago I would have probably cancelled if Howard left, but now there's nothing else. I just renewed for $270 last week because there is not alternative for somebody who likes talk radio and isn't interested in Liimbaugh.

That's where podcasts can fill the void... lots of choices in hosts, subject matter, and even length of show. I do miss listening to Stern sometimes, but for the most part I'm happier not paying that kind of dough when I only listened to 2 channels anymore (and the choices on those channels continue to shrink). The so-called "variety" is just Top-40 format in all genres... it all gets old really quick.

I have SiriusXM through my Dish Network subscription, and I don't even find it compelling enough to tune in basically for free anymore.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
That's where podcasts can fill the void... lots of choices in hosts, subject matter, and even length of show. I do miss listening to Stern sometimes, but for the most part I'm happier not paying that kind of dough when I only listened to 2 channels anymore (and the choices on those channels continue to shrink). The so-called "variety" is just Top-40 format in all genres... it all gets old really quick.

I have SiriusXM through my Dish Network subscription, and I don't even find it compelling enough to tune in basically for free anymore.

I hate podcasts because it involves me using a cell phone in my truck. I listen to Stern, POTUS, and Ellis, so it justifies the $270. I listen to Bubba via phone when I'm around the house, but I hate dealing with phones while driving. These days, most of my sirius listening is POTUS. Pete Dominick has one of the best political shows around.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I hate podcasts because it involves me using a cell phone in my truck. I listen to Stern, POTUS, and Ellis, so it justifies the $270. I listen to Bubba via phone when I'm around the house, but I hate dealing with phones while driving. These days, most of my sirius listening is POTUS. Pete Dominick has one of the best political shows around.

Fair points all around. I've been working off my laptop a lot lately, so I can keep two tabs open of the uncensored and debriefing shows and pause/play as needed.