2009 MLB Season Thread

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't think I've watched a baseball game this entire month. When your team sucks and with football now here, baseball just isn't that attention-grabbing until the playoffs start up.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I guess if you're a college football guy, but the pro game is basically just a Sunday-Monday thing for now.

I know what you mean, but I'm always interested in what's going on in the senior circuit. I love reading the blogs and getting into the talk of it.

You're missing the Braves jumping into shape. The Detroit Tigers and Twins battle is pretty good, though the Twins just got a foot to the balls in their hopes for the post season.

I also love seeing the Dodgers tank it, hopefully that will continue through the first week of October.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Dodgers trailing the Padres 5-0 7th Inning. Rockies beat the Brewers. If the Dodgers score holds that means the Rockies will be 2 1/2 behind LA going into the last series of the year at Chavez Ravine. Should be a fun one!

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
That actually would be cool and I would love to see that happen, which is why it won't happen. You'll have to just accept that you get to watch your team in the playoffs all the same. But it would be sweet.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
The Dodgers are off tonight, and the Rockies play today. A win will put us in the playoffs, and will put us 2 games back for the division. With a 3 game season-ending series coming up in L.A. The Dodgers have been stinking it up lately and Colorado has a great deal of momentum coming off a series win, and possible playoff clincher today at Coors Field. I haven't seen the pitching matchups yet, but I like our odds. We've got 10 guys on the pitching staff who have won at least 10 games, and everyone in the starting lineup is coming through when they need it. GO ROCKIES!!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Pitching matchups according to ESPN:

1st game - Oct 2nd - Ubaldo Jimenez vs. Randy Wolf
2nd Game - Oct 3rd - Jorge De La Rosa vs. Clayton Kershaw
3rd Game - Oct 4th - Jason Marquis vs. Hiroki Kuroda

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Rockies leading 9-1 in their home 8th. It is on MLB Network if anyone wants to see them clinch with a win.
Nah, I watched them celebrate a 14th inning grand slam a month or so ago, I don't think they could top that level of excitement.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It's now impossible for the Astros to have a 5-game winning streak this season. They'll be the ONLY team not to accomplish that this year. :ter: