2010 Winter Olympics

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
boo canada! what a great game. really cool to see us tie it up with 24 seconds left. too bad about ot though. i was thinking how cool it would have been to see the olympic gold medal game go to a shoot out. we'll get em 4 years from now.

-jhdk

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Congrats to our brothers in Canada! :bigclap:

I watched a little of the game, and I wasn't personally interested in what was going on, but I'm an American and I didn't grow up on it, or even near it (Even though Carolina did get a NHL championship a couple years ago). But most Canadians did, so good for them and their sport. Now if only they could get to Lord Stanley :icon_wink:

Enjoy all your Golds while it lasts Canada, USA will be #1 in 2012:buttrock:

The next winter games are in 2014

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I'm saying that Canada isn't that great at the summer games, so therefore we're going to crush them. And everybody else for that matter :D

*shrug* I personally don't even watch the summer games. They certainly aren't as big up here as the winter games and nothing compares to olympic hockey up here. Have at them. Go USA. Hopefully you will beat the Russians.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
boo canada! what a great game. really cool to see us tie it up with 24 seconds left. too bad about ot though. i was thinking how cool it would have been to see the olympic gold medal game go to a shoot out. we'll get em 4 years from now.

-jhdk

I feel kinda ripped off. Technically we are realy tied with Canada now. We both have one loss each from each other. There should be a game 3!:scratch:

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Too bad NBC bailed before the closing ceremonies were over. There were a whole lot of bands on after the Peacock decided something called the Marriage Ref was more important.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah, they really pulled it off, eh.

I'm enjoying that uniquely Canadian sense of humor too, in the closing ceremonies.
The writing your name in the snow thing with the image was awesome!

Too bad NBC bailed before the closing ceremonies were over. There were a whole lot of bands on after the Peacock decided something called the Marriage Ref was more important.

Does anybody know if Rush ever got to play?

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
The writing your name in the snow thing with the image was awesome!

Does anybody know if Rush ever got to play?

Canadian tv showed the closing ceremonies to the end but no Rush. We got Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Alanis, Marie-Mai, Hedley, Simple Plan and K-OS and Neil Young during the part NBC bothered to show

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Canadian tv showed the closing ceremonies to the end but no Rush. We got Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Alanis, Marie-Mai, Hedley, Simple Plan and K-OS and Neil Young during the part NBC bothered to show

Simple Plan? Is that really one of the best bands Canada has? :shifty:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Simple Plan? Is that really one of the best bands Canada has? :shifty:

"Terrance and Philip isn't the first disturbing thing to come out of Canada"
"The Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on numerous occasions."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UKllR0Edo]YouTube - South Park Songs - Blame Canada[/ame]

Last edited:

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
jersey_56141.jpg