2011-12 MLB Hot Stove League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
It was a good day!
Doing it all over again tomorrow for the official Mud Hens opener.

But I'll remember the sun screen tomorrow.

A couple of friends are at the Tigers opener today. Unfortunately, I couldn't make that one.
I passed thru Cincinnati today & saw all the people walking across I-71 into the stadium :)

I can't wait to go to a game. I haven't been to one in 5yrs :(

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk :)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
***After the Matt Latos Trade in Dec. 2011***

[quote From 12/17/11=Ifandorbut;276987]No...

He can be had early in the game, especially if an infielder muffs a double play ball or throws errantly to a bag. His maturity is most certainly in question, hence he's a little bit of a bitch. However, he is talented. If he gets a rhythm early he can flirt with the no-no.

Basically, the chick needs to shut the hell and pitch and not pout the second that bounces don't go his way.[/quote] You called this back in December after we traded for Latos. He had a great year for us but game 5 of the NLDS he let the umpire behind the plate get to him then all of a sudden he gives up the grand slam to Posey. Latos even admitted afterwards that he has got to work on his mental game next year. Nice job by your Giants and may you defeat the Cardinals!

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
[quote From 12/17/11=Ifandorbut;276987]No...

He can be had early in the game, especially if an infielder muffs a double play ball or throws errantly to a bag. His maturity is most certainly in question, hence he's a little bit of a bitch. However, he is talented. If he gets a rhythm early he can flirt with the no-no.

Basically, the chick needs to shut the hell and pitch and not pout the second that bounces don't go his way.
You called this back in December after we traded for Latos. He had a great year for us but game 5 of the NLDS he let the umpire behind the plate get to him then all of a sudden he gives up the grand slam to Posey. Latos even admitted afterwards that he has got to work on his mental game next year. Nice job by your Giants and may you defeat the Cardinals![/QUOTE]

Yes, I have to say that I do remember this post. I also have to say that it was a tough break for your Reds. The Rolen error was huge for the Giants. But the Reds don't have any reason to hang their heads. Neither do the Cardinals. Actually everyone in the post season with the exception of the Yankees, they were dreadful.

I fully expect the Reds to be back in the post season next year. They can mash and pitch.

But I have to say something I said after Barry Zito tossed a complete game shut out against the Rockies from back in April...
"Barry Zito is a very funny man".

GOOOOOOO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and BEAT LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock:

Status
Not open for further replies.