2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm not a fan of Lebron either, this was the start of me not liking him. When he signed a big contract with the Cavilers, his mommy bought him an hummer. The dude rich enough, he could bought his own damn hummer!

Hummergate: LeBron cleared

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I don't care either way. These stars & teams don't matter to me unless the Lakers are playing :)

With the NBA the way it is, no team stays on top forever.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
He's also the greatest basketball player of his generation, and could possibly be better than Kobe Bryant or Jordan (although he'll have to win a few more titles to surpass MJ). The winning teams are the ones that get the most hate. That's why nobody hates the Kansas City Royals like they do the Yankees or Red Sox.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
He's also the greatest basketball player of his generation, and could possibly be better than Kobe Bryant or Jordan (although he'll have to win a few more titles to surpass MJ). The winning teams are the ones that get the most hate. That's why nobody hates the Kansas City Royals like they do the Yankees or Red Sox.

And he is also a douche bag. Just because he's a great basketball player doesn't make him a good person. Why do I have to like LeBron James simply because he's probably as good a basketball player as Kobe Bryant?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
And he is also a douche bag.

Most athletes are. If that's your criteria for liking a player you might as well quit watching sports. LeBron James is a superior athlete. He's fun to watch, and he makes his teams better. How'd the Cleveland Cavaliers do after he left?

Besides which, how do you know he's a douchebag in real life? I've never met him, you've never met him. He's rich beyond anyone's wildest imaginations, that doesn't make him a bad person.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
And he is also a douche bag.

Comes from the coddling he received from jr. high onward. I think most would acquire douchey qualities when they have everything handed to them, including money.

I think he is a hard guy to hate = he is still with the mother of his kids and a father figure to his kids (probably not married yet due to financial planning reasons), other than a speeding ticket or two, hasn't had the typical rich guy scrapes with the law (no shooting involvement, drug/DUI arrests, strip club issues, etc.), and tried to share the wealth with his high school buddies through employment (some worked out better than others). Even with the lingering hate from the decision and bolt from his hometown, he still comes back to Akron for donations and events for kids. Most kids from Akron probably ride a bike donated by Lebron.

I would like to say that I hate Lebron, as a Cavs fan and living in the Cleveland area, but am rather neutral about him.

I like the film clip going around with Lebron ducking below the low bridges in Miami - I think Dan Gilbert (Cavs owner) plotted the parade course.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Source: Nate Robinson to sign with Nuggets
Posted on: 1:55 pm, July 22, 2013, by Brooke Way

Pinterest
Twitter
Email

Nate Robinson (Photo: Wikimedia Commons)
DENVER — According to a source with the National Basketball Association, reserve guard Nate Robinson will sign with the Denver Nuggets for two seasons.
Robinson played in 82 games with the Chicago Bulls last season, and averaged 13.1 points.

Source: Nate Robinson to sign with Nuggets | KDVR.com