2017 Movies & Tv Show

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Matt Damon and the Great Wall together just don't seem to work for me.
Let us know how it was.

not for me either.

but the making of the movie is very interesting. it was filmed in china with both chinese and american production companies. i saw a piece on 60 mins a few months back about how these chinese production companies are chomping at the bit to make major movies that get AAA treatment and release in america now that the censorship laws over there are less strict. they want to basically cut hollywood out of the process. seems like this is the first step in that direction.

Rising in the East - CBS News

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I just saw another clip where they were talking about how much of the Hollywood money is coming from China. Its pretty crazy. They are shooting alternate scenes and changing things for the Chinese market.

Reactions: JHDK

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Anyone see "Arrival"? Notice which country's military leader saves the day?

While we were touring the projection booth I could see "Great Wall" playing through the window. I was going to skip it but seeing it from the projection booth made me really want to see it.

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The OnionVerified account‏@TheOnion 1m1 minute ago
More
Large Mirror Brought Out Onto Oscars Stage Gets Resounding 6-Minute Standing Ovation http://trib.al/5CISfCa

C5pDbcHXQAA21TW.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
hah. bunch of dummies.

moonlight was my favorite of the bunch. i saw them all except fences.

like every year i enjoy talking about who gets nominated and i like reading who won but i couldn't care less about watching the show.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
hah. bunch of dummies.

moonlight was my favorite of the bunch. i saw them all except fences.

like every year i enjoy talking about who gets nominated and i like reading who won but i couldn't care less about watching the show.

I actually stayed up and watched it live. I can't believe they pulled another Steve Harvey level gaffe. They gave the presenters the wrong card, but because Warren Beatty's such a confused old man, no one could tell if it was the card, or just him.

While the La La Land people were giving their acceptance speeches, you could see the guys with the headsets in back of them, and I wasn't sure if it was a protest, or security breach, or the show was ending, or what.

Reactions: semipenguin

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You don't find it suspicious that somebody could read the wrong envelope for the last category of the day? There should have just been one envelope remaining -- if you subscribe to the theory of the properly counted votes and sealed envelopes that is.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
You don't find it suspicious that somebody could read the wrong envelope for the last category of the day? There should have just been one envelope remaining -- if you subscribe to the theory of the properly counted votes and sealed envelopes that is.
Price Waterhouse Cooper says there are backup envelopes and the duplicate Best Actress ended up in Beatty's hand.

Or the Russians hacked it.

GLor7dV.jpg

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Price Waterhouse Cooper says there are backup envelopes and the duplicate Best Actress ended up in Beatty's hand.

Or the Russians hacked it.
Backup envelope? For what purpose? It just seems strange.

Was that the alternative envelope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Backup envelope? For what purpose? It just seems strange.

Was that the alternative envelope?

It doesn't seem strange to me. What if a celebrity pukes on an envelope? You just don't give that Oscar out? Or you make someone handle the pukey envelope? Why wouldn't they have backups?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It doesn't seem strange to me. What if a celebrity pukes on an envelope? You just don't give that Oscar out? Or you make someone handle the pukey envelope? Why wouldn't they have backups?
Why are they allowing sick celebrities near the envelopes prior to them being distributed? And does Hollywood not have doctors?

How many celebrity puking incidents have been recorded to date? Is such a drastic precaution warranted for such a minuscule chance.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Why are they allowing sick celebrities near the envelopes prior to them being distributed? And does Hollywood not have doctors?

Celebrities throw up because they drink. If you keep drunk celebrities away from the envelopes you can't have an awards ceremony.

How many celebrity puking incidents have been recorded to date? Is such a drastic precaution warranted for such a minuscule chance.

They are celebrities. They spew puke constantly.

Reactions: scotchandcigar