2017 Movies & Tv Show

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Little over a year ago, I did tried Netflix and I wasn't really a fan. Because there was hardly anything good to watch. Now I heard there are some new interesting shows and plus I been changing my financial situation and finally dump satellite and became a cord cutter.

For the past couple of weeks, I been watching Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Voltron, etc. I still haven't gotten around to watch Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Walking Dead and possibly checking out Orange Is The New Black.

But right now since I'm a AT&T customer and they are offering better deals with there unlimited plan and plus they are about to buy Time Warner, so they are offering HBO free for costumers with the AT&T Unlimited Plus plan.

So I'm finally watching Game of Thrones for the first time, I'm a few episodes into season 1 and I'm really enjoying it.

At the end of the month, I will probably add Hulu and currently trying DirecTV Now free trail.
    JHDK likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I completed Games of Thrones season 1 and it was pretty good. I knew the show has some graphic violence, but I didn't realize it would have a lot of nudity and sex, which I don't mind. I'm couple episodes into season 2 and hopefully they'll will be more war action.

To bad they killed Sean Bean and Jason Momoa, I was enjoying there characters. Peter Dinklage plays a great role and the kid who plays Tommen Baratheon who sits on the iron throne needs to die!
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'm watching the new Mystery Science Theater 3000. Yay!
    semipenguin likes this.
  4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

the tunnel is a good show. there are a whole bunch of them. the original is swedish/danish but they have a british/french version and an american/mexican version. the british/french version is on amazon prime and it's a cool detective show about some murder that takes place right on the borderline of the UK/France part of the chunnel. the female detective and her anti social ways are the best part of the show.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Just saw The Fate of The Furious and wow tons of action and better then the 7th film how will they top the 9th movie?
  6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

really amazing tv comes back this weekend and some new shows that look promising start.

doctor who is my favorite show. after the doctor a much more serious sci fi show, the leftovers, is my second favorite show and it begins its 3rd and final season tonight! with both of these shows i wanted to watch them all over again before i started the new seasons. i have only a few episodes of who left but i'll be starting the leftovers over from the beginning. the leftovers has got 2 years of shit ratings so if you didn't see it and you want a LOST style show, but more serious and more mysterious, be sure to check it out.

on top of that 2 new series that look interesting start tonight. the guerrilla is a new sho series that looks good and the white princess on starz is a new chapter in the white queen series about british royals fighting it out for power.
    semipenguin likes this.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i've cared about lip sync battle exactly twice.

first one was a couple years ago:

second was just now:

HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm officially done binge watching Game of Thrones. The show is fantastic and and I'm ready for winter is coming!

JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Its already been two years since our cinema has opened up. Wow. We are going to celebrate by going this weekend. We'll probably see that movie where Katherine Heigl plays the monster. I wanted to see Gifted but they're not showing it.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Anne Hathaway?
  11. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

That's cool. I wonder if they let the drone fly around inside the place
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i feel like i should have known this already but now i get where madison in your name comes from since the theater is right there.
    scotchandcigar likes this.
  13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Memegirl and I saw "Window Horses" last night. Animated film about a Chinese Iranian Canadian girl doing poetry and learning about her dad. It was pretty good.

Tonight it's the live action "Beauty and the Beast". I'm not expecting much.
    scotchandcigar and semipenguin like this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

chip used to be delightfully cute:

[​IMG]

now he haunts my dreams:

[​IMG]
    semipenguin likes this.
  15. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Ha!
  16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night Memegirl and I saw "Whisper of the Heart", in 35mm. It may be the last time I ever see an animated film projected from a 35mm print.
    HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

margaret atwood is one of the very few authors where i get excited every time she has a new book. i guess now that crichton is dead she is the only author i feel that way about. i dig all her different takes on shitty totalitarian or post apocalyptic worlds.

so naturally i'm very excited to see the new handmaid's tale. i think they cast elisabeth moss perfectly. when reading the book she is the type i remember picturing. a good looking woman but not crazy hot.

also, the PR for the show has been cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i hope it turns out i like it as much as i think i will. even if it sucks, it's bound to be better than the movie.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That looks good.
    semipenguin likes this.
  20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

saw 2 movies that were, to varying degrees, not as good as i hoped. first was free fire. while i did enjoy this one i was expecting to like it more than i did. it was fun at times but also not the humor filled action shoot em up i was hoping to see. the second was colossal. it's a cool take on godzilla but the writing was weird and parts of it seemed to come out of nowhere and not in a cool "i didn't see that twist coming" kind of way.

of the 2 i'd say free fire is worth a watch on netflix or the like and colossal can be skipped all together.