2018 Movies & Tv Shows

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Last night I saw "Dunken Master", the 1978 Jackie Chan film. It was the 70s English dub, so everyone was calling each other "turkey" a lot. I was so sleepy I dozed off during the climactic fight.

That sounds like a glowing recommendation ... for insomniacs.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "American Graffiti" and "Mandy". I've seen both before.

"American Graffiti" is beautiful, but I'm worried that digital restoration is removing the grain. It was filmed in Techniscope, which uses half a frame of standard 5mm to make a wider image and doubles the size of the film grain. It was beautifully filmed in low light conditions. Haskell Wexler had to be called in to tell the film crew how to make that happen. The result is a wonderfully analog image.

"Mandy" is fantastic. Some other people in the audience were angry with it when it was over. That's understandable. The movie doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Just bought the movie Solo: A Star Wars Story and I'll finally check that out this weekend. Along with one of the worst flick this year Fallen Kingdom.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I saw "Carrie" (1976) and "Jennifer's Body" last night.

I hate "Carrie". I hate Brian DePalma. I hate his eye. I hate his scores. I love Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie.

I had never heard of "Jennifer's Body". It was written by Diablo Cody and came out between "Juno" and "Young Adult", two films I love. It's brilliant. Very clever script about a cannibal cheerleader and her best friend.

A woman brought her little girl to the movies last night. The girl just have been 9 or 10. She curled up in a blanket and tried to sleep through really horrible, inappropriate stuff. I hate that.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
So far I watched Downsized a Matt Damon film that came out last year. The film started out great, but went down hill and pretty much sucked.

Just finally watched Solo: A Star Wars Story and I thought the film was as good as Rouge One. There was a special character towards the ending of the film. Which basically tells you which chronological order it was placed in before The Phantom Menace.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So far I watched Downsized a Matt Damon film that came out last year. The film started out great, but went down hill and pretty much sucked.

Just finally watched Solo: A Star Wars Story and I thought the film was as good as Rouge One. There was a special character towards the ending of the film. Which basically tells you which chronological order it was placed in before The Phantom Menace.

The order does not make sense as the movie has a big paradox in it. Darth Whatever is killed in I yet the clones/storm troopers did not come about until II. Both are present in this film. But other than that I thought it was pretty good. Certainly not worth Disney having a hissy fit and cancelling everything.