2018 Movies & Tv Shows

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Oct 13, 2017.

1. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night I saw Tenacious D's new web series, "Post Apocalypto", presented as a film with a Q&A with the band. It was very funny. Lots of dicks. Much better than "Pick of Destiny".

After that I saw "The Dead Zone". I love Cronenberg, but only when he directs his own material. When he directs a film that someone else wrote he slows everything down too much.

HecticArt likes this.
  2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

This morning I saw "The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales", a French cartoon. It was, as I knew beforehand, lame. It was a cereal party. I just went for the cereal.

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Sounds surreal.

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I just saw the new "Suspiria". I dislike the original, but I liked this one. Much better script and better dancing.

5. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night at 9pm I saw a Kirsten Dunst mystery movie, projected from VHS. It turned out to be "Fifteen and Pregnant", a Lifetime channel made for TV movie. Three people bought tickets. Only two showed up, both adult men. The program director watched it with us.

I have no idea why they showed it. I have no idea why I went.

It was an OK movie, but a very strange experience.

6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night I saw "Mid90s", a movie about a kid growing up in the mid 90s. It was great. It reminded me a lot of the late 70s, just with different music. I wasn't this kid, but I knew a kid a lot like him.

9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night I saw a movie I'm not allowed to name and it was dumb.

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Are you never allowed to name it or only until it is generally released?

12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Oh, I know that film. It was Dumb and Dumber. :p

13. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

I'm thinking the owner of the movie theater is being a dick...just name the damn movie for crying out loud!!! :pullhair:

JHDK likes this.
  14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

The movie was released long ago. It was selected by a fellow Graveyard Shift member who got 40 stamps in his book. The program director was able to show it on the condition that we can't say it was shown in a theater. We have showings with this condition several times each year.

15. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Saw 2 movies today.

Outlaw King was ok. Nothing special but if you have nothing to watch it's not so bad. 2.5/5

The Predator was AWFUL! Wow this was a bad movie. I couldn't even make it all the way through. Sad too cause I love the idea of the predator. It felt like a student film that somehow got a VFX budget. Do not waste your time. 1/5

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody tonight. Fantastic movie despite the timeline inaccuracies. May see it again.

HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Saw 2 quality movies but one was great and has earned a spot on my 2018 top 5. Both were set in the Oakland area.

Sorry to Bother You was good. All I knew going in was that it was about a black guy who uses a white voice (dubbed by David Cross) at his call center job to make more sales. Well there are a few other major plot points the trailer didn't cover and it was nice to go into them fresh. It gets kinda wacky at times in a good way. Worth a watch. 3/5

Blindspotting was fantastic! It's about a guy who has 3 days left on his probation and has to stay out of trouble while living life, hanging out with his friend, working, going to parties and dealing with his ex. There were some true LOL moments in this movie and also some rather serious, emotional scenes. I LOVED IT! You gotta check this one out. 5/5

2018 Top 5 so far:

Super Troopers 2
    Annihilation
    Blindspotting
    I Think We're Alone Now
    A Quite Place

scotchandcigar, HecticArt and memebag like this.