2019 Movies & Tv Shows

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jun 13, 2018.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

The joys of the boomer generation. Some of the shows I watched (along with Banana Splits) included the claymation Davey and Goliath, Felix the Cat, Winky Dink and You, Speed Racer, and Gigantor.

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'm Gen X, grandpa. We had "H.R. Puffnstuff", "Far Out Space Nuts", "Land of the Lost", "Josie and the Pussycats" and "Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space". You could never understand.

3. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

That game is called "musical chairs" -- but you're the first person I know who ever played it solitaire!

4. scotchandcigar

By my calculations, you were born in 1964, boomerang.

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

We used to turn laundry baskets upside-down, put them on our heads, and play tanks.

6. scotchandcigar

On Sunday nights, I used to sit quietly under the coffee table, so my parents wouldn't notice I was watching the Tom Jones variety hour with them.

memebag likes this.
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

1965, gramps. We learned that new math.

8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

You guys need to argue it out here.

[​IMG]

JHDK, HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night I saw "Demons" and " Night of the Demons". The first was a pretty enterntaining Italian giallo about people watching a movie about demons, and then turning into demons themselves. The second was a boring American teen horror film containing a small homage to "Videodrome".

10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Just watched Caaptain Marvel and the film is great. The storyline was a bit slow for the first hour, but the ball finally got rolling. It had a great cast staring: Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Clark Gregg, Djimon Hounsou and Lee Pace.

The young CGI Samuel L. Jackson look just like Jules Winnfield but without the afro.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would recommend the film and ome of the credits lead right into Infinity War and Endgames. Now I can't wait for Avengers: Endgame in couple of months.

semipenguin and MadisonRadio1 like this.
  11. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

We were going to go see "Greta" today but forgot. We bought avocados at Costco instead.

HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  12. MadisonRadio1

I'm amazed at how good The Orville has gotten as it attempts to be less funny and more on the edge.
    The Identity Part 2 conclusion was ok but the next episode of the peace treaty with the Krill was Star Trek Next Generation quality

Wolf and HecticArt like this.
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Wolf likes this.
  14. MadisonRadio1

We have separated for the weekend and will not be going to any movies but we have $15 of Snack Cash to use before the end of the month so I'll go get some concessions today: Maybe popcorn or nachos or raisanettes

semipenguin likes this.
  15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I went 10 days without a movie because I was sick.

Last night I saw "Iceman", which is really "Der Mann aus dem Eis". It's the story of the last week of Ötzi's life. Ötzi is the guy that died about 5300 years ago in the Ötztal Alps, was naturally mummified and discovered in 1991. I've been reading about him for decades.

The movie is pretty good. It's basically a revenge story, with the world's oldest MacGuffin. The dialog is all in an early version of Rhaetic, with no subtitles.

16. Channel98

17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Don't knock it. That's where I live these days.

HecticArt likes this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Lucy In The Sky comes out soon.

19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood comes out July 26th.

20. Channel98