2019 Movies & Tv Shows

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
No. HBO digitally removed the coffee cup from that Game Of Thrones episode on its streaming platform. The cup came from a coffee shop in Banbridge, Northern Ireland, but millions of fans thought it was a Starbucks cup. A Starbucks spokesman estimated the chain got $2.3 billion in free advertising as a result of that scene. But wait – there's more! If you're planning on a vacation in Banbridge next year.......

Game of Thrones Studio Tour opening 110,000 square feet of Westeros early next year

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
You're so relaxed you didn't even comment on my bad pun. Okay, moving on – Disney's 2014 movie Maleficent told the story of Sleeping Beauty from the point of view of the sorceress. Here is the teaser for the sequel, which will be released October 18:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I'll put this here.

We've lived in our new coastal Maine town for over a year now, and there's a plethora of famed entertainment venues, but we've been slow to explore. Well, now we've seen our first play at the historic Ogunquit Playhouse, est. 1933.
upload_2019-5-16_14-7-30.png

They had their first preview production of Jersey Boys for the season, and it was great! This was my mother's day present to the Mrs, and I think I made a good choice.

This is one of the only remaining theaters where they have an original cast, and develop original sets and arrangements, specifically for this venue. It's not just a stop for a touring group. Each cast member was super talented - singing, acting, and dancing. The sets were great, and the play really moved along, just solid entertainment. And the number of hit songs that Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons generated is astounding.

Before the play, we had dinner at a little restaurant in our town that was a house, and they have no sign, because they don't want beach tourists clogging the place. So only locals know where it is. Excellent.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw two horror anthologies. The first was "Creepshow", a 1982 film written by Stephen King and directed by George Romero. It was awful.

The second was 1990's "Tales from the Darkside: The Movie". This was much better. It as funny and gory and reminded me of the 100 page "Vault of Horror" type comics I read when I was a kid. It had Debbie Harry, David Johansen, Steve Buscemi and a very young Christian Slater.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw a new 4K restoration of "The Shining". This restoration was supervised by Spielberg and first shown at the Cannes film festival the night before. It was projected on a Sony 4K laser projector. I was in the center-most seat. The sound and image were perfectly tuned. The theater was packed but the audience was quiet.

I've seen "The Shining" dozens of times, but never like this. It was a perfect movie experience. It's a great film, and this was a great way to see it.

Before the show, we got to see this.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Didn't watch the video because I'm in a theater waiting for a movie to start but I assume it's mocking correct seat selection. So you just sit anywhere? Or so far off center the screen is skewed? Or so far front or back the surround sound is out of balance? Why would you do that?

Reactions: semipenguin