2019 Movies & Tv Shows

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
Since this is a Christian rock band thread now. Here is some great songs from Christian rock bands.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Ask the band.
Do you have their email address? I will try to contact Bono and/or Edge.

In one of the many articles I linked here they said Belle and Sebastian and Sufjian Stevens were Christian artists. I had heard that Stevens was. He started out on Tooth and Nail records, I think, which markets mostly Christian rock bands. I'd never heard that about Belle and Sebastian, but I can see it. I like both of those artists a lot, but I have no trouble believing they are Christian rock. I'm prejudiced against the label, but no so much that I can't accept it.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Do you have their email address? I will try to contact Bono and/or Edge.
No need to. They have transcribed their anti-organized-religion stances into text, which appears in books. I've repeatedly pointed out their quotes in the links you posted.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
No need to. They have transcribed their anti-organized-religion stances into text, which appears in books. I've repeatedly pointed out their quotes in the links you posted.
But that doesn't mean they're not a Christian rock band. Are you of the opinion that only proponents of organized religion can be Christians?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Do you realize what you just said????? :facepalm:
Yes?????

Christians are people who worship Jesus Christ. You don't have to belong to an organized religion to do that. Otherwise, there would be no Christianity. When they started there was no organized Christian religion. There was organized paganism and organized Judaism which they abandoned.

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Tonight I saw the original "Godzilla". I love the love triangle between the old scientist's daughter, the one eyed scientist and the sea salvage dude. I love that the old scientist is played by Takashi Shimura, the same year he played Kambei in "Seven Samurai". I love the music. I love the Oxygen Destroyer. I love the metaphor for nuclear destruction. And I love the destruction.

Next I saw "Destroy All Monsters". This is one of my favorites. It introduces Monster Island, the place I hoped I would work when I grew up. It has some great closeup shots of the back of rocket SY-3. And it has Godzilla, Minilla, Baragon, Manda, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Anguirus, Kumonga, Gorosaurus and my favorite Toho kaiju, Mothra. Although Mothra stays in larva form throughout this movie and we never get to see her beautiful wings.

The Drafthouse sold out one of the big screens for this. We didn't know what the 2nd film would be, but I had a hunch it would be "Destroy All Monsters".

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
After 5 hours sleep, I got up and went to a cereal party to watch "Godzilla vs Megalon" with Mrs. Bag. This one is near the end of the Showa era Godzilla movies. A lot of recycled shots from earlier films, including "Destroy All Monsters" that I saw just last night. The villain reminded me of L. Ron Hubbard. He was in charge of the "Seatopians", had a logo similar to a Dianetics logo, had some nasty Navy tattoos, and Megalon reminded me of Xenu.

I ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros, Oreo cereal, Hostess Honey Buns cereal, Oops All Berries and Unicorn cereal. Mmmmmm.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I wasn't expecting this, but looks like I'm going to waste away my day off watching a 6 hour documentary from the Smithsonian Channel titled The Pacific War in Color.

I figured I'd watch a little bit and then skip around but it's sucked me in. A fascinating doc with lots of stuff I didn't know.

Reactions: memebag

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This looks like an awesome take on Superman...or Suberboy.

I may need to get myself to the theater to check this one out

That's my kind of superhero movie right there.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Alien". It was a new 4k restoration, on the laser projector. I love "Alien".

I showed up 30 minutes early, grabbed a free ticket to see "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" 1 & 2 in August, grabbed a beer and camped out for a free set of Nostromo crew patches.

IMG_0919.JPG

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Last week, we saw A Dog's Journey. As expected, I loved it. Unexpected and ironically, it was also the first time I ever saw a Service Dog in the theater, assisting a young boy who came to watch the movie.

This weekend we went to a wedding in the Wisconsin Dells. We were all dressed up so we could not enjoy many of the outdoor activities of the city during the waiting period and settled to watch a movie at the Kalihari Resort Theater. We saw John Wick 3. I was worried because I had never seen John Wick 2 or John Wick 1 but it was the only movie we could see that would finish before the wedding dinner would start. I would have rather seen Booksmart or Brightburn like JHDK or even The Dog's Journey again. My goodness, I never seen so much fighting in one movie. Some of the fighting was so ridiculous I was laughing. There would a 3 minute conversation break and then it would be back to the fighting again. How could any one person be involved in all the fighting and not get killed. But there were some dogs in the movie. But even they were fighting the bad guys. At least I think they were the bad guys and John Wick was supposed to be the good guy

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Tonight I saw "Sunshine on Leith". It was presented as a Secret Mystery Musical because it has never been officially released in the US and because Robert can get more people to go to a musical by keeping the title secret. It was fun. It's all Proclaimers songs, and no, it isn't "500 Miles" played multiple times. But I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting for someone to ask a question to which the answer was some large number of miles one would walk.

It was Dexter Fletcher's second film as a director. He directed "Rocketman".

I hadn't heard a lot of Proclaimers songs before this, but I'm pretty sure they're a Christian rock band.

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last week, we saw A Dog's Journey. As expected, I loved it. Unexpected and ironically, it was also the first time I ever saw a Service Dog in the theater, assisting a young boy who came to watch the movie.

This weekend we went to a wedding in the Wisconsin Dells. We were all dressed up so we could not enjoy many of the outdoor activities of the city during the waiting period and settled to watch a movie at the Kalihari Resort Theater. We saw John Wick 3. I was worried because I had never seen John Wick 2 or John Wick 1 but it was the only movie we could see that would finish before the wedding dinner would start. I would have rather seen Booksmart or Brightburn like JHDK or even The Dog's Journey again. My goodness, I never seen so much fighting in one movie. Some of the fighting was so ridiculous I was laughing. There would a 3 minute conversation break and then it would be back to the fighting again. How could any one person be involved in all the fighting and not get killed. But there were some dogs in the movie. But even they were fighting the bad guys. At least I think they were the bad guys and John Wick was supposed to be the good guy
I saw "John Wick 2" and knew it wasn't my cup of tea. It was like watching someone else play a first person shooter video game.

Reactions: JHDK