2019 Movies & Tv Shows

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I want to see Booksmart.

Tonight I saw "Relaxer". It's about a guy stuck to a couch in 1999 trying to beat PAC-MAN before Y2K. It's about surviving childhood trauma. It's about despair and rage. It's about survival. It's filled with many gross things. It will stick with me.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I watched the season finale of Tacoma FD.
What a great sitcom.
It's by a few of the Broken Lizard guys, and worth watching. It's good, stupid fun.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
I watched the season finale of Tacoma FD.
What a great sitcom.
It's by a few of the Broken Lizard guys, and worth watching. It's good, stupid fun.
I love watching Tacoma FD. That's a great comedy show and I think nothing can match that kind of comedy on TV, maybe besides Impractical Jokers.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
It was a good episode of Jeopardy... but would have been more exciting if the result wasn't already spoiled.
I only found out last night that the show airs at 9:30 am in Montgomery AL, but I heard some clip was leaked on Sunday.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

He didn't have enough cash to buy the hand, or enough confidence in his answer to go all in.
Even if his answer was right, he still might not have won if the librarian answered the literature question correctly and bet big. He bet enough that he would have won if she didn't win more money, but wouldn't have lost all of his winnings for the day if he was wrong. Smart bet, but it's too bad that he didn't play better before final jeopardy.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA

He didn't have enough cash to buy the hand, or enough confidence in his answer to go all in.
Even if his answer was right, he still might not have won if the librarian answered the literature question correctly and bet big. He bet enough that he would have won if she didn't win more money, but wouldn't have lost all of his winnings for the day if he was wrong. Smart bet, but it's too bad that he didn't play better before final jeopardy.
His confidence was fine. His bet was exactly what it should've been. He was behind, so in a correct/correct scenario, he's gonna lose anyway. Therefore, you can't bet to outscore. So he bet for the incorrect/incorrect scenario, while making sure that if the 3rd contestant was correct, he wouldn't lose to him either.

Also, he played fine. There were no wrong answers given. He hesitated on one question, which allowed her to beat him on that one. So then she got control, and picked the daily double. She went all-in, and got it right. That's why he lost.

Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If he was confident in his answer for the category, he would have bet a lot more. Even knowing(assuming) that he was going to come in second, as a professional gambler, he would have tried for a bigger payoff. Thinking he had a chance to miss the question, (knowing he couldn't win the game) he was conservative in his bet.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
If he was confident in his answer for the category, he would have bet a lot more. Even knowing(assuming) that he was going to come in second, as a professional gambler, he would have tried for a bigger payoff. Thinking he had a chance to miss the question, (knowing he couldn't win the game) he was conservative in his bet.
You're probably a good architect, but you don't understand betting on Jeopardy. You only get a payoff if you win, everyone else gets $1,000 or $2,000. Being "confident" doesn't matter if you have less money than your opponent. If you're both correct, you will lose, unless she makes a stupid bet (she won't).

So the only strategy is to lose less in the event you're both incorrect. Which is exactly how he bet.