2019 Movies & Tv Shows

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jun 13, 2018.

1. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I want to see Booksmart.

Tonight I saw "Relaxer". It's about a guy stuck to a couch in 1999 trying to beat PAC-MAN before Y2K. It's about surviving childhood trauma. It's about despair and rage. It's about survival. It's filled with many gross things. It will stick with me.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I watched the season finale of Tacoma FD.
    What a great sitcom.
    It's by a few of the Broken Lizard guys, and worth watching. It's good, stupid fun.

Wolf likes this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I love watching Tacoma FD. That's a great comedy show and I think nothing can match that kind of comedy on TV, maybe besides Impractical Jokers.

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

This is who just beat James Holtzhauer on Jeopardy, ending his streak just dollars shy of Ken Jennings' record
    merlin_155877114_128b61cd-7ddb-4626-8460-d76c89eca2a9-jumbo.jpg

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

She's got some serious bragging rights.
    Good for her.

6. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

She needs a better haircut.

7. scotchandcigar

She's a librarian from Chicago. Could you tell?

semipenguin likes this.
  8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

It was a good episode of Jeopardy... but would have been more exciting if the result wasn't already spoiled.

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Just because we know the results, doesn't mean we know how we got there.

10. scotchandcigar

I only found out last night that the show airs at 9:30 am in Montgomery AL, but I heard some clip was leaked on Sunday.

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

[​IMG]
    He didn't have enough cash to buy the hand, or enough confidence in his answer to go all in.
    Even if his answer was right, he still might not have won if the librarian answered the literature question correctly and bet big. He bet enough that he would have won if she didn't win more money, but wouldn't have lost all of his winnings for the day if he was wrong. Smart bet, but it's too bad that he didn't play better before final jeopardy.

12. scotchandcigar

His confidence was fine. His bet was exactly what it should've been. He was behind, so in a correct/correct scenario, he's gonna lose anyway. Therefore, you can't bet to outscore. So he bet for the incorrect/incorrect scenario, while making sure that if the 3rd contestant was correct, he wouldn't lose to him either.

Also, he played fine. There were no wrong answers given. He hesitated on one question, which allowed her to beat him on that one. So then she got control, and picked the daily double. She went all-in, and got it right. That's why he lost.

JHDK likes this.
  13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You can't beat chance.

14. scotchandcigar

Her name was Emma, not Chance.

HecticArt likes this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

If he was confident in his answer for the category, he would have bet a lot more. Even knowing(assuming) that he was going to come in second, as a professional gambler, he would have tried for a bigger payoff. Thinking he had a chance to miss the question, (knowing he couldn't win the game) he was conservative in his bet.

16. scotchandcigar

You're probably a good architect, but you don't understand betting on Jeopardy. You only get a payoff if you win, everyone else gets $1,000 or $2,000. Being "confident" doesn't matter if you have less money than your opponent. If you're both correct, you will lose, unless she makes a stupid bet (she won't).

So the only strategy is to lose less in the event you're both incorrect. Which is exactly how he bet.

HecticArt and memebag like this.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

:drccares:

Ya don't say?

I'm glad the final jeopardy wasn't Game Show Rules. I never woulda stood a chance.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  18. scotchandcigar

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Since they won't film Swamp Thing how about Swamp Ass?

[​IMG]

scotchandcigar likes this.