2019 Movies & Tv Shows

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jun 13, 2018.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I highly recommend it.

3. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Does "cock-eyed" mean Mister memebag is always staring at.........no, never mind. Forget I said anything.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Don't go there.
    It was all I could do to avoid it myself.
    I wanted to post some sort of meme that I would have had to ban myself for.

5. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Okay, I thought perhaps you went to illegal cockfighting events. You would risk being arrested if you did that, even if you were just a spectator.

(There, I got us both out of that one. :) )

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

It mans I'm always looking at penises. Penis penis penis. Isn't penis funny? Isn't it funny that some people like them?

scotchandcigar likes this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I was thinking of something like a naughty Picasso painting.
    That would be funny. Not to see here, but an amusing thought for the juvenilely inclined.

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night Memegirl and I saw "Wild Nights With Emily". It stars Molly Shannon as Emily Dickinson. It uses Mabel Todd as an unreliable narrator to reframe Dickinson not as a death obsessed recluse, but as a lesbian poet in a world that didn't tolerate lesbians or support women poets.

Memegirl loved it, but the style put me off. It was shot like the historical reenactments in "Drunk History", and much of the humor was similar to that show.

MadisonRadio1 and semipenguin like this.
  9. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

I love Molly Shannon

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

She was very good. I wish the rest of the movie was better.

semipenguin likes this.
  11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night I saw "Stay Tuned", a boring piece of trash starting John Ritter as a dad who watches too much TV and is sucked into TV by demons for the amusement of Satan and learns to turn the TV off once in a while.

After that I saw a delightful piece of trash called "TerrorVision" about a mutant space alien accidentally injected into the satellite TV system of Earth. He devours a horrible family that was in desperate need of devouring. Mary Woronov(Warhol superstar) and Bert Remsen (8 Robert Altman films and 1 "Deep Space Nine") bring gravitas to this campy puppet show.

12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

For Father's Day, Memegirl, Mrs. Bag, ex-Mrs. Bag and her husband, her daughter and I saw "Stagecoach". There was whiskey and beer. I love this movie so much. We all had a great time.

semipenguin likes this.
  13. scotchandcigar

I will never understand this situation. I haven't seen the ex in about 18 years now, but prior to that, us all being in the same room involved either police or court officers.

HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

What's to understand? We all get along. It was vital that we figure out how to do that for Memegirl's sake, so we did it.

15. scotchandcigar

Must be because of your easygoing nature.

16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Forgiveness was a big part of my Christian upbringing.

semipenguin and scotchandcigar like this.
  17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Peaky Blinders is a good TV show.

I tore through the first season in a week (6 episodes) and I'll likely be finished with the second season before I go to bed tonight. It's streaming on Netflix.

I really like Cillian Murphy, the star of the show and this season my favorite male actor, Tom Hardy, is also on the show. Two great actors who both did the Nolan Batman trilogy.

It's about a British gang in the first half of the last century.