2019 Movies & Tv Shows

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The film did leave some open questions in the film, like:

Why was room 1 bugged?
    Who was the imporant person on the reel?

I notice Drew Goddard also directed "Cabin In The Woods" since this was his second film. I wonder if his future film will still be mystery thrillers?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    HecticArt likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The Beach Bum coming out March 29th.

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night I saw two films written and directed by the guy who is going to reboot "Hellboy".

First was "Dog Soldiers", a good low budget werewolf movie. It has the guy that played Lucius Vorenus from Rome and the guy that played Davos Seaworth from Game of Thrones.

Next it was "The Descent", a movie about a bunch of women looking for adventure off the beaten path but finding horrible, horrible things. It was very well done. Good suspense and great nightmare fuel.

I think this director might have some issues with women, though.

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

hyson likes this.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Well it appears 2:22 am on 1.27.19 is my first semi annual watching of Stop Making Sense. I get to watching various music Youtubes and then decide it's time to take the 90 minute plunge. It always proves to be well worth it.

David Byrne is an artistic genius.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    HecticArt and memebag like this.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I should watch that again. I haven't seen it since it came out.

9. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Wolf likes this.
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

scotchandcigar and memebag like this.
  11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Last night I saw "Lords of Chaos", a movie based on a book based on Norwegian black metal people burning churches and murdering. It was very good. It caused me to think long and hard about my personal relationship with Satan, and the difference between naughty and evil.

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Hobbs & Shaw comes out Aug 2nd.

15. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Saw The Green Book this afternoon with my son. We both really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

16. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Just watched Groundhog Day. Actually I have seen parts of the film. Back in the early 90’s. I haven’t seen it well over 20 years.

I thought the film is alright, some funny scenes.

HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  17. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Friday night I saw "Cat People" (the 1982 version) and "The Killing of America".

"Cat People" was slow. Parts were interesting but I had trouble staying awake.

"The Killing of America" was written and co-directed by Paul Schrader's brother Leonard. It's a Japanese-American co-production of a shockumentary. Basically about how violent and scary America was in 1982, with a lot of gratuitous death and violence footage. Pretty awful.

Saturday night I saw "The Fall", by Tarsem Singh. It was excellent. It's a great tearjerker about a little girl and a suicidal stuntman stuck in a hospital in 1912. He weaves a fantasy story for her so she will help him kill himself. All of the fantasy sequences are crazy beautiful, and all of the characters in them are people in the hospital, a la "Wizard of Oz". I heard it was gorgeous so I assumed the story would disappoint, but I loved everything about it.

Today I saw "Seven Samurai". It's my 2nd favorite film ever made. I love seeing it on the big screen. Go Farmers!

MadisonRadio1 and scotchandcigar like this.
  18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I imagine you've covered this before, but what's your first?

19. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

"Citizen Kane". Number 3 is "Wings of Desire".

20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Come on meme, the AFI #1 is your pick for all time favorite? I expected more out of you with all the obscure flicks you talk about around here.