2019 Movies & Tv Shows

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I liked El Royal. There was some good stuff going on in that flick.

The film did leave some open questions in the film, like:

Why was room 1 bugged?
Who was the imporant person on the reel?

I notice Drew Goddard also directed "Cabin In The Woods" since this was his second film. I wonder if his future film will still be mystery thrillers?

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw two films written and directed by the guy who is going to reboot "Hellboy".

First was "Dog Soldiers", a good low budget werewolf movie. It has the guy that played Lucius Vorenus from Rome and the guy that played Davos Seaworth from Game of Thrones.

Next it was "The Descent", a movie about a bunch of women looking for adventure off the beaten path but finding horrible, horrible things. It was very well done. Good suspense and great nightmare fuel.

I think this director might have some issues with women, though.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well it appears 2:22 am on 1.27.19 is my first semi annual watching of Stop Making Sense. I get to watching various music Youtubes and then decide it's time to take the 90 minute plunge. It always proves to be well worth it.

David Byrne is an artistic genius.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Toy Story 4 marks return of Bo Peep after 20 years

TS4_MIN_TSR_1s_BO_v4.0_Mech1_FS.0.jpg

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Lords of Chaos", a movie based on a book based on Norwegian black metal people burning churches and murdering. It was very good. It caused me to think long and hard about my personal relationship with Satan, and the difference between naughty and evil.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Just watched Groundhog Day. Actually I have seen parts of the film. Back in the early 90’s. I haven’t seen it well over 20 years.

I thought the film is alright, some funny scenes.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Friday night I saw "Cat People" (the 1982 version) and "The Killing of America".

"Cat People" was slow. Parts were interesting but I had trouble staying awake.

"The Killing of America" was written and co-directed by Paul Schrader's brother Leonard. It's a Japanese-American co-production of a shockumentary. Basically about how violent and scary America was in 1982, with a lot of gratuitous death and violence footage. Pretty awful.

Saturday night I saw "The Fall", by Tarsem Singh. It was excellent. It's a great tearjerker about a little girl and a suicidal stuntman stuck in a hospital in 1912. He weaves a fantasy story for her so she will help him kill himself. All of the fantasy sequences are crazy beautiful, and all of the characters in them are people in the hospital, a la "Wizard of Oz". I heard it was gorgeous so I assumed the story would disappoint, but I loved everything about it.

Today I saw "Seven Samurai". It's my 2nd favorite film ever made. I love seeing it on the big screen. Go Farmers!