2019 Movies & Tv Shows

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Last night I saw "Apollo 11". It was good but not great. Sadly, I had to go to a non-Drafthouse to see it because it was projected on an IMAX screen. The digital source had such a low resolution that I could see pixels on the IMAX screen. Horrible food and beverage selection, stale popcorn, no one to refill my drink, and a guy behind me kept explaining crap to his wife.
You clearly are no longer fit to mingle with the masses.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Not if it means paying $20 to watch TV commercials and eat stale popcorn. What I don't understand is why do the masses put up with it?
Because we don't have an Alamo up here.

I can get through a movie nicely without having someone bring me food and beverage, but I go crazy with talkers. I Shush them sometimes, but one of these days I'm going to shush some goon that's got me by a hundred pounds and has an attitude.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
We had some issues during Green Book ourselves.

There was no one taking tickets, which meant everyone was asking the lady selling bathroom fixtures where the ticket taking person was at, which set her up to try to sell her bathroom stuff. I think they might have done that on purpose.

Then we usually get aisle seats but my sweetie took the last seat which I usually take to get away from the other people. She then asked me to push the food button but she was suppose to push the button because that was ours so I accidently pushed the button for the people sitting next to us.

Then my sweetie was looking at all her texts on her cell phone. I told her she was disturbing the other patrons even though we were in the top roll in the corner aisle.

But the food and movie was very good

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Because we don't have an Alamo up here.

I can get through a movie nicely without having someone bring me food and beverage, but I go crazy with talkers. I Shush them sometimes, but one of these days I'm going to shush some goon that's got me by a hundred pounds and has an attitude.
If I didn't have an Alamo I would very rarely go to movies.

Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Aquaman was released on digital today and I just watched it. OMG, it is an awesome movie! DC has finally found their rhythm and can possibly compete against Marvel now. It still depends on how good Shazam is?

I think Aquaman is better than Black Panther and on the level of Infinity War.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Brewster McCloud". I hadn't seen it on the big screen for a long time. I liked it much more than the last time I saw it. It was good to hear people laugh at the dumb jokes. It's always amazing to see my dad dressed up as a clown during the end credits sequence.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Kinda creepy too????
Nope. Mrs. Bag asked if I cried when I saw my dad. I told her there's no way I could cry watching my dad dance around with a giant flower in a clown outfit.

You can see him here to the left of Shelley Duvall:

brewster-m24-450.jpg

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Level 16", a horror film from Danishka Esterhazy. It reminded me of "Get Out", in that it took everyday horrors experienced by one group of people and exploded them so the rest of us could experience them. It was very good.

Before the show our programming director said he reached out to the writer/director to do a live Q&A. She turned it down because she's busy in Prague filming a horror movie version of The Banana Splits. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. A horror movie version of The Banana Splits. Let that sink in.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Last night I saw "Lords of Chaos", a movie based on a book based on Norwegian black metal people burning churches and murdering. It was very good. It caused me to think long and hard about my personal relationship with Satan, and the difference between naughty and evil.
I rented it this past weekend and I agree it was very good.

Afterwards I started watching some of Varg Vikernes' YouTube videos. The guy is kind of weird, but interesting.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
You mean The Banana Splits wasn't already a horror show? Huh....
It aired when I was a little kid. I remember eating a big bowl of high sugar cereal, then watching "Banana Splits", "The Monkees" and "Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp" on Saturday mornings. I didn't really watch them, I just ran around our circular coffee table as fast as I could while they were playing.