2019 Movies & Tv Shows

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oh boy am I looking forward to watching this over the weekend:

poster_opt.jpg

I'm not even sure what it's about and I don't want to know.

What I do know is it's made by the same guy who did Brawl in Cell Block 99 a couple years back and that movie was awesome! Over the top gruesome at points where it was almost funny and also very serious at other times. When Vince Vaughn got in a fight with his wife at the beginning of that movie and decided to take his frustration out on his car, it made for an amazing scene. Also that face smashing scene later on was pretty cool.

Oh and the same guy did Bone Tomahawk. Another must watch if you've never seen it.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood comes out July 26th.

That looks like a good one.

We still have $10 of Snack Cash to use before the end of March. I'm going to get on my sweetie that we need to see a movie even with all the basketball otherwise i'll snnek over to the concessions for a take home.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Dragged across concrete was good and worth a watch but it's my least fav of the three I've seen from that director. There was some cool dialogue in the beginning and the last hour was great but it's a 2:30 movie and leading up tp the final hour is a slow burn.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last Friday I saw "Blue Velvet". I saw it in the theater 3 or 4 times when it was first released back in 1986. Still a great movie' but my perspective is closer to Frank's than Jeffrey's now due to age.

Saturday I saw "The Wedding Guest". Mrs. Bag came. I went just because I'm a huge Michael Winterbottom fan. I avoided all spoilers including Rotten Tomatoes ratings. That will teach me. Boring as hell. Interesting locations' but everything else was tedious.

That won't really teach me.

Sunday I saw "Jackie Brown". I saw it 3 years ago. I saw it when it was first released. It's my 2nd favorite Tarantino movie. As I get older Max Cherry becomes more and more heart breaking.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mrs. 98 and I just saw Dumbo. It was better than we expected -- but such is typical of Disney. You'll enjoy the movie as long as you don't question how a huge theme park the size of a small city could have been constructed in 1919. Even in 2019, it's impossible. It took hundreds of computer animators to make it look real. The new Dumbo includes the Pink Elephants from the 1941 animated film. How, you ask? Hey, I'm no spoiler!

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Mrs. 98 and I just saw Dumbo. It was better than we expected -- but such is typical of Disney. You'll enjoy the movie as long as you don't question how a huge theme park the size of a small city could have been constructed in 1919. Even in 2019, it's impossible. It took hundreds of computer animators to make it look real. The new Dumbo includes the Pink Elephants from the 1941 animated film. How, you ask? Hey, I'm no spoiler!

We are going to see it for brunch today. Is this a remake or a sequel
If its a sequel I think it will pass Mary Poppins for longest period before a sequel was made
Say Hi to Mrs 98

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Dumbo was really good and we successfully used our remaining $10 of Snack Cash on the last day before they expire except we had to go Dutch since we had two $5 vouchers.

But I'm excited about two showings coming up this spring.
In May the theater will be showing the Judy Garland version of A Star Is Born from 1954. I always liked it and my sweetie has never seen it.
And "The Curse of the LaLlorona" comes out in April. This is based on a true tale my mom used to tell me about in the 70's about a dead women who haunts the river in New Mexico. I even used it for one of our ATW's some time back. She is murdered by her husband to hide his affair but is looking for her two children she left behind and scoops up other peoples children who get to close to the river by accident. She doesn't mean to do it she's just picking them thinking they are her children. I will have to see if the movie version is close to my mom's version of the tale.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This weekend, Dumbo is the number-one movie in North America, with an estimated $45 million in ticket sales. Analysts are calling the film a "disappointment" because they expected it would make $50 million. Dumbo took in $71 million in the rest of the world. I don't regard a three-day gross of $116 million to be disappointing. By the way, Disney spent $170,000,000 to make the film. Here is the Chinese movie poster. Dumbo is 小飞象 (Xiăo fēi xiàng, which literally means "little flying elephant.")

upload_2019-3-31_17-45-46.jpeg

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Two weeks ago I saw "Dragged Across Concrete", the new Mel Gibson movie. OK, I didn't see it because Mel Gibson is in it. I had a hard time watching Mel Gibson, especially when he turned to the camera and complained about political correctness preventing him from working. It's from the guy that made "Bone Tomahawk" and "Brawl in Cell Block 99", which are really interesting movies, so I had to see it. "Dragged Across Concrete" isn't as good as those, but still very interesting.

Last Wednesday I saw "Have You Seen My Movie?", which is a movie made entirely out of clips from other movies in which characters are watching movies. I was hoping for some transcendent insight into how we perceive ourselves perceiving ourselves, but all I got was a string of tired cliches.

Friday I saw "V/H/S", a found-footage horror anthology. It was pretty good, but the first segment in the anthology was by far the best, so the rest was a little disappointing.

After that I saw "It Follows", a horror movie that plays with the sex=death trope of so many teen splatter films. In this one, if you have sex with someone that It is following, It will start following you. The only way to delay It is to have sex with someone else. Interesting premise that never really resolves or pays off. The most fascinating part of it was the alternate universe it was set in. It was subtly different from our own. 1970s cars were brand new. The seasons were confused. People were swimming outdoors and wearing bulky coats in the same season. All of the TVs had big bulky CRTs. And there was a weird pink e-reader that looked like a clam shell. The movie never drew attention to these differences from our own universe.

Saturday Mrs. Bag and I saw "Us". I loved it. Not as much as "Get Out", but it was still excellent. Mrs. Bag had to go sit in the bar and read her Kindle after the first hour because it was too scary for her.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
"Dragged Across Concrete" isn't as good as those, but still very interesting.

That's exactly how I felt about it.

Dragged across concrete was good and worth a watch but it's my least fav of the three I've seen from that director. There was some cool dialogue in the beginning and the last hour was great but it's a 2:30 movie and leading up tp the final hour is a slow burn.