2019 Movies & Tv Shows

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I saw "John Wick 2" and knew it wasn't my cup of tea. It was like watching someone else play a first person shooter video game.

IDK if I'll every get around to that one. I enjoyed the first and thought I'd like the second but got bored after like 15 mins and never tried to watch it all the way through.

Right now I'm watching 3 things...Deadwood (I want to watch it over again before I see the movie), Chernobyl which is amazing and really really well done and The Hot Zone. It's a NatGeo show from some book I remember my mom playing on tape in the van on a roadtrip to Disney when I was a kid. It's about Ebola in the USA. It's not great so far but I'll see it through cause it's good enough.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I liked Wick 1 & 2, and we were going to see 3 this weekend, but decided to stay home instead.

Chernobyl is good. Still hooked.

I should start re-watching Deadwood too. I've been re-watching Better Call Saul on the treadmill lately. I'm trying to get caught up before the next season comes on.

Reactions: JHDK

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Tonight I saw "Hail Satan?", a new documentary from Penny Lane. It's about the Satanic Temple, a non-theistic religion that uses "religious liberty" laws to fight for religious freedom, reproductive rights, reason and kindness. They are the ones who try to get a statue of Baphomet put next to Ten Commandment monuments at state capitols.

TST-baph-statue.jpg

A bunch of members attended and the leaders of the local chapter held a Q&A after the show. It was a great documentary and I think it may convert a lot of new Satanists. I started the application process once I got home.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Tonight I saw "Hail Satan?", a new documentary from Penny Lane. It's about the Satanic Temple, a non-theistic religion that uses "religious liberty" laws to fight for religious freedom, reproductive rights, reason and kindness. They are the ones who try to get a statue of Baphomet put next to Ten Commandment monuments at state capitols.

TST-baph-statue.jpg

A bunch of members attended and the leaders of the local chapter held a Q&A after the show. It was a great documentary and I think it may convert a lot of new Satanists. I started the application process once I got home.

That statue was in the new TV show "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" on Netflix.

screen-shot-2018-10-31-at-3.21.15-pm.png

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Spoiler alert: Mary, the mother of Jesus – her name was מרים (Maryām) in the original Judeo-Aramaic – is no l;onger a virgin. She had four other sons (James, Jude, Joseph and Simon) and at least two daughters (Matthew 12:46-50 and 13:55, Mark 6:3, Luke 8:19-20, John 2:12 and 7:3-10, Acts 1:14). If anyone knows the identity of the man and woman holding that "Virgin Mary" banner, please share this information with them. Thank you.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Near Dark", a late 80s movie about how attempting to date rape a hot vampire works out for the best. Way too much hair product and Tangerine Dream.

Next it was "Ginger Snaps", a brilliant low budget werewolf puberty movie. Funny, scary and bleak. Contains the best Pee-wee Herman quote ever.

Both films were picked by a guest programmer, the author Stephen Graham Jones. He came from Colorado to watch these on the big screen with us, and commented about how lucky we are to have Graveyard Shift.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night Memegirl, Mrs. Bag and I saw "Godzilla: King of the Monsters". Rotten Tomatoes has critics at 40% and mere humans at 87% right now. The humans are correct for once; this is a good movie. The critics are correct when they complain about the humans in this film, but this isn't a film about humans. They are there to observe, to argue, to make mistakes, to plot, to fail and to flee in terror. This movie is about kaiju, and they deliver. King Ghidorah is insanely beautiful. Rodan is the cowardly punk he's always been. Godzilla is the king of the monsters. Mothra is the queen, and one of her scenes made me weep openly. The whole Bag family enjoyed it, and they don't practice Kaijudaism (may Godzilla be with you) like Dad.