2019 Movies & Tv Shows

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yay! We got protested!

adhsatan2.jpg

Christians Protest Drafthouse Screening of Hail Satan?
Guess what's playing by me, at the Music Hall in Portsmouth?
Hail Satan? | The Music Hall

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Okay, I thought perhaps you went to illegal cockfighting events. You would risk being arrested if you did that, even if you were just a spectator.

(There, I got us both out of that one. :) )

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was thinking of something like a naughty Picasso painting.
That would be funny. Not to see here, but an amusing thought for the juvenilely inclined.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night Memegirl and I saw "Wild Nights With Emily". It stars Molly Shannon as Emily Dickinson. It uses Mabel Todd as an unreliable narrator to reframe Dickinson not as a death obsessed recluse, but as a lesbian poet in a world that didn't tolerate lesbians or support women poets.

Memegirl loved it, but the style put me off. It was shot like the historical reenactments in "Drunk History", and much of the humor was similar to that show.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Stay Tuned", a boring piece of trash starting John Ritter as a dad who watches too much TV and is sucked into TV by demons for the amusement of Satan and learns to turn the TV off once in a while.

After that I saw a delightful piece of trash called "TerrorVision" about a mutant space alien accidentally injected into the satellite TV system of Earth. He devours a horrible family that was in desperate need of devouring. Mary Woronov(Warhol superstar) and Bert Remsen (8 Robert Altman films and 1 "Deep Space Nine") bring gravitas to this campy puppet show.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
For Father's Day, Memegirl, Mrs. Bag, ex-Mrs. Bag and her husband, her daughter and I saw "Stagecoach". There was whiskey and beer. I love this movie so much. We all had a great time.

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I will never understand this situation. I haven't seen the ex in about 18 years now, but prior to that, us all being in the same room involved either police or court officers.
What's to understand? We all get along. It was vital that we figure out how to do that for Memegirl's sake, so we did it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Peaky Blinders is a good TV show.

I tore through the first season in a week (6 episodes) and I'll likely be finished with the second season before I go to bed tonight. It's streaming on Netflix.

I really like Cillian Murphy, the star of the show and this season my favorite male actor, Tom Hardy, is also on the show. Two great actors who both did the Nolan Batman trilogy.

It's about a British gang in the first half of the last century.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "Conan The Barbarian" for the first time ever. I avoided this movie because it looked lame. Big sweaty guys in loincloths whacking each other with swords never did much for me. But the trailer looked interesting this time and it was Taco Tuesday, so I went.

It was lame. Way too long and way too dumb.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Last night I saw "Conan The Barbarian" for the first time ever. I avoided this movie because it looked lame. Big sweaty guys in loincloths whacking each other with swords never did much for me. But the trailer looked interesting this time and it was Taco Tuesday, so I went.

It was lame. Way too long and way too dumb.
How were the tacos?