2020 Movies & TV Shows

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Soul opens June 19 and also features the voices of Phylicia Rashad, Tony-award-winning Hamilton actor Daveed Diggs, The Roots drummer Ahmir Khalib "Questlove" Thompson – and of course John Ratzenberger, who is in every Pixar film.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm going to give Steven Moffat's vision of Dracula a shot. It's a 3 parter on Netflix.

I loved the direction he took Doctor Who so anything he makes is worth at least a shot.

I'm like 10 mins in and not loving it so far. The new Doctor Who season started this week. I still need to catch up with the last season. I may just go do that instead if this doesn't improve in like 20 mins.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok this show ain't great. Gave it like 40 mins. I love ya Steve but you were best with Matt Smith as your Doctor. I'm going to move this chatter over to the Doctor Who thread now.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
God bless Rick.

They never cut back to Tim Cook after the comment. I liked most of his opening, but there's a line between irreverence and outright hate. You can't be the host of a program awarding shows made by media companies, while disparaging the thing you're representing. He's above all these actors and media entities, because he mocks them?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
They never cut back to Tim Cook after the comment. I liked most of his opening, but there's a line between irreverence and outright hate. You can't be the host of a program awarding shows made by media companies, while disparaging the thing you're representing. He's above all these actors and media entities, because he mocks them?
He has done this before as a host of award shows. You hire him you know what you're going to get.

I just like the part about how millionaire Hollywood aholes should not be lecturing regular Americans.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Half of what Joaquin Phoenix said was edited out. I'd like to see a transcript. Something like this is all a joke, picking a winner out of 5 acting performances.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We saw 1917 tonight.
FANTASTIC!!!!!
It was extremely well done. Beautifully filmed, intense, haunting, moving, and well worth seeing on the big screen.

It’s made to look like it was all filmed in one continuous take. There’s one obvious cut, but they make it seem like the camera didn't really move. It’s got a lot of epically long takes that were shot live, and any other cuts that they did were not obvious.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1