2020 Movies & TV Shows

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Can't wait when Marvel Phase 4 begins when Black Widow comes out on May 1st.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The first night of the Jeopardy - Greatest of All Time - tournament was exciting.. Anybody else watched it?
I didn't want to spoil anything last night, but it's over! I'm depressed. I was rooting for James, he just had bad luck. He got hardly any daily doubles. Brad got many of them and got every one wrong. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm stunned that he missed the final one last night. And yeah, Brad seemed to steal most of the daily doubles then squander them!

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm stunned that he missed the final one last night. And yeah, Brad seemed to steal most of the daily doubles then squander them!
I agree that James was in control of his own destiny when he blew it. I guess he doesn't quite know everything. Also, his game plan was thrown off by Ken controlling the board.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I had noticed that ABC started running promos for The Goldbergs and whatever plays tonight, had me suspecting that it might be over after yesterday's episode.
It sure was fun TV though.. Regular jeopardy episodes won't be nearly as exciting by comparison.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I really wanted Brad to get a couple of wins to keep this thing going.
I think he let James get in his head, and that he wasn’t as good with the buzzer as the other two.

James was being a dick too. I’m glad Ken won.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Saw Between Me and My Mind, the Trey Anastasio/ Phish documentary on the plane. Really liked it. It had each of his family members in it, plus his friend dying of cancer. But the coolest part was that it showed his songwriting process, and how he worked with each band member and recording engineer to develop them. It also featured lots of neat equipment. That kind of stuff was completely missing from the Queen movie.

Mrs Scotch watched the Tarantino Hollywood movie, and thought it was trash. But Pitt just got an oscar for it.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Tarantino faithfully re-created – for real, not digitally – the way Hollywood Boulevard looked in 1969: the businesses, the signs, the storefronts, the automobiles.....and "Boss Radio" KHJ blaring from car radios.

How many more years before the Academy quits putting male actors and female actors into separate categories? And why was Tom Hanks nominated for best supporting actor instead of best actor for his starring role as Mr. Rogers?

Congratulations to Buzz, Woody, Bo Peep and Forky.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Cadillac is one of the sponsors of the Oscars broadcast. They have a new commercial that uses the music from the DJ Shadow/ Run the Jewels song Nobody Speak. I find it comical because the lyrics (which they don't use) are insanely profane. I guess they assume their potential customers will have no idea?

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Tarantino faithfully re-created – for real, not digitally – the way Hollywood Boulevard looked in 1969: the businesses, the signs, the storefronts, the automobiles.....and "Boss Radio" KHJ blaring from car radios.
Yes, and that's precisely the problem. I saw most of the movie on her seatback screen, but without sound. It seemed to be 3 hours of eye-candy. Pitt's Hawaiian shirt always flowed gracefully over the perfectly vintage Champion tee. The car was the ultimate in cool. Tarantino couldn't get enough of Margo Robbie walking in that perfect-fitting skirt. But everyone I talked to said the storyline was pointless.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Cadillac is one of the sponsors of the Oscars broadcast. They have a new commercial that uses the music from the DJ Shadow/ Run the Jewels song Nobody Speak. I find it comical because the lyrics (which they don't use) are insanely profane. I guess they assume their potential customers will have no idea?
The first line is enough melt snowflakes heads.

I thought Hollywood was ok. QT has done much better in my book though.

Just watched JoJo Rabbit tonight. I loved it.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The first line is enough melt snowflakes heads.

I thought Hollywood was ok. QT has done much better in my book though.

Just watched JoJo Rabbit tonight. I loved it.
The people sitting next to us on the plane watched JoJo Rabbit and loved it. And they also had seen Hollywood and didn't like it. Somehow I think it's a generational thing.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This will be exciting news for all of you who are fans of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Ricki Lake and Arnold Palmer:

Jumanji producer Radar Pictures to develop Emerson, Lake & Palmer song Karn Evil 9 as a sci-fi movie

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This might not be the best thread for this, but who cares?

Mrs Scotch came back from spending a few days with her 80-something mom and aunt, and she said "you have to watch Outlander". I know Koop has mentioned it, and it's a 6-year-old series by now, but I guess it became available on Netflix somewhat recently. Anyway, down in Juno Beach, they watched a half-dozen episodes from the 1st season, and now she's been trying to get me to catch-up, so we can watch it together.

To say I wasn't into the 1st episode was an understatement. She had me trained to the TV like it was a college lecture, but all I wanted to do was go pee and get a snack. The combination of being a period piece, taking place in a foreign land, and littered with gore, would normally be a "pass" for the Mrs and I. However, it's got a romance novel quality - which I detest - but I can picture the 3 mature ladies getting all into it, especially as it features a heroine in the lead role.

I told her I wasn't a fan, because I'm not a chick, but she took that to mean that we could just jump to the 1st new episode (for her), and proceed from there. She thought I'd get into it, but it was even worse, as there were now an entire cast of characters for me to not care about, most with heavy accents. I got the point across that - like the Real Housewives - this would be a series she'd watch, and I'd ignore. I really felt bad; I wanted to like it, but I just can't.

If she hadn't been pushed into watching it down in Florida, she wouldn't have given it a second thought, if we had come across it on our own. But I think she's hooked.

We started watching Ozark a few months ago, but she bailed when it just got darker and darker, and I was ok with bailing too. I like Jason Bateman, but that wasn't enough. We need to find something, as there's no entertainment outside the home anymore.

Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I watched the first couple of episodes of Altered Carbon on Netflix. It's not too bad. There are some cool Blade Runner visuals and the mystery seems to have potential. I'll give it a few more episodes.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I watched the first couple of episodes of Altered Carbon on Netflix. It's not too bad. There are some cool Blade Runner visuals and the mystery seems to have potential. I'll give it a few more episodes.

I tried watching that show, I could never get into it. Possibly I never been a fan Blade Runner.

I been watching Locke & Key and that's an interesting series.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Most movies are delayed in opening. Not sure what is currently available to theatres. In Canada a moot point as all theatres have closed.