2021 Movies and TV Shows

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
That doesn't sound like polar opposite. I know you listen to (and play) new music, but your prime music era is the 80s. I imagine that kids, and playing in a band takes up most of your TV time.
That's mostly true, but I've spent the last two weeks here at my in-laws and the TV is on 75% of the day. At my house, I have speakers wired throughout the house so the same music plays everywhere and that's playing 75% of the day. I have several playlists that are 5-10 hours long ready to go, from 70s funk & disco to 2010s rock & pop. Before the pandemic, when I walked into most people's houses, the TV would be on. Ours is off most of the day.

I can't blame the band lately since we've only gigged 3x in the last couple years (still auditioning new singers, but even that's on hold thanks to Covid). The rule with my kid is he isn't allowed to do anything with a video screen until late afternoon, and only after chores/homework are done (weekend mornings for a few hours are allowed too, he gets about 20-30 hours of screen time a week excluding school laptop time) so he and I spend a lot of time doing other stuff (lately it's been chess, and we just started going to the gym again). Even back in the early 90s, I didn't own a TV for several years. Only had one for the next few years after that because my roommate owned one. Then I only bought a TV after him because my wife wanted one. I rarely use it.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
We never have the TV on during the day, except (occasionally) Sunday football. We stream SXM through the home theater system. We turn the TV on after dinner. Sometimes we watch a series, or a movie, but it's often just background.

Reactions: sadchild

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I didn't own a TV for several years.

I love TV. If I'm home, some sort of screen is always on (TV, computer, phone etc). I even fall asleep to various Youtubes every night.

TV is the best!

Imagine if we were all quarantined in like the 30's. What would we do? Sit around the radio all day? Read a book? Sounds like a nightmare.

Reactions: Aaron

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Imagine if we were all quarantined in like the 30's. What would we do? Sit around the radio all day? Read a book? Sounds like a nightmare.
Even if it was 10 or 15 years ago, we wouldn't be able to do remote learning and working and zooming to the degree we're doing, on a national level. Things would be much worse.

Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
When I had basic cable back in the early 90's, it was much easier to turn the TV off and listen to music.
When you've only got 25 channels, it's surprising how little is on TV.

Of course, back then, I wasn't home a lot. There were skirts to chase, and bars to close.

Reactions: sadchild

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That model Cara Delevingne has turned out to be a good actress. She's in that movie by the guy who made the Fifth Element, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets...It's a freaking out there sifi movie that I really dig and she's the female lead. And now I'm watching that Amazon show Carnival Row where she plays a badass fairy starring alongside Orlando Bloom. I like this lady.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I have a giant movie screen and yet for some reason Peacock only works on my 15" computer.

So BSG on it it is.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just finished that new Kaley Cuoco show, The Flight Attendant on HBO Max. It's basically a murder mystery w/some humor thrown in. I'd say it's worth watching but not great.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm watching some good stuff on Peacock.

I just finished Margin Call. That is a 5/5 movie and by far the best movie about the housing bubble bursting. Jeremy Irons is great. It's too bad Kevin Spacey is a creep cause that man can act. The boardroom scene is great. Zachary Quinto and Stanley Tucci are great as the guys that figure out what's about to happen. Plus Demi Moore has a small part in it and she kills it.

Now I'm watching I Am Legend. Can't go wrong with a Will Smith zombie movie.

Weird thing about this one is it has commercials. I pay the extra $5/month for no commercials but a few movies still have them due to the streaming deals. It sucks. And while I'm talking about streaming services, I canceled Starz yesterday. I watched 1 movie on Starz since I've had it, Spiderman Homecoming. So 1 movie in like 2 months, not worth it.

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Now I'm watching I Am Legend. Can't go wrong with a Will Smith zombie movie.

Weird thing about this one is it has commercials. I pay the extra $5/month for no commercials but a few movies still have them due to the streaming deals. It sucks. And while I'm talking about streaming services, I canceled Starz yesterday. I watched 1 movie on Starz since I've had it, Spiderman Homecoming. So 1 movie in like 2 months, not worth it.

Are you sure you want to watch a movie about a zombie apocalypse caused by a vaccine to another virus? Doesn't it also happen in 2021? I remember that XM has some product placement in the movie. I guess they didn't realize it would be SiriusXM by now.

We had STARZ at the hotel in Kingson last weekend. I think they were doing a Bill Murray marathon. We saw Stripes and then a movie we have never seen "St. Vincent". It was very good. I thought Bill did a good job portraying Vincent. Cool story too.