40's On 4 Goes Up!

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by IndustrialH, Apr 30, 2015.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

50s and onward is the rock era. I can see then keeping the 50s decade channel for that reason.
    semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  2. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

I heard a promo for Pitbulls new channel last night on MadDog 86 saying they are launching on Channel 4. The week of May 11th
  3. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "Who turned the volume down?"

.... speculation ends ! :)
  4. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I'm sending an old Samsung Nexus to my grandparents after they heard 40's on 4 on my radio recently. It is weird to have the pop channels right next to the 40's channel.
    MadisonRadio1 and semipenguin like this.
  5. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Let Pitbull have channel 4. I hope it makes a lot of money for the company. Channel 73 is between the classical channels as well as the other Jazz/Standards channels so this does look like a really good spot for 40's Junction.
    HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  6. MadisonRadio1

40's on Channel 73 will officially be called 40's Junction starting August 13th.
    Aaron and HecticArt like this.
  7. MadisonRadio1

I want to catch of little of this tonight on 40's Junction
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1940s New Years Eve Big Band BroadcastsSat Dec 31 8:00 pm ET
    You’re invited to put on your top hats and gowns and count down …like its 1949! A cavalcade of Big Band broadcast recordings will recreate a 1940s New Year’s Eve Ballroom! Then countdown the New Year with Guy Lombardo at Midnight for each Time Zone! If we can stay awake that is… Happy New Year from SiriusXM 40s Junction!
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

We should be home in time to give this a try.
    Movie and dinner with friends, then we're coming back to our place for beverages, games, and the countdown. We're old, so casual sounds good.