6/26 - 6/28: Rip Dr. Sarno And Walk Of Shame

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today's show started with a tribute to Dr. Sarno. (I forget what else, but I did listen!)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
You were off on your vacation prediction.

I admitted such last week. I'll have to go check if previous vacations were week of and week after or week before and week of. If this is a change, I wonder why... celebrity guest?

Reactions: JHDK

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Next two weeks off then. Back on the 17th?

That's what it seems like.

"On today's show, HPE has a woman who he is VERY controlling with. He's also gay for Donnie Wahlberg, who was on the show with New Kids On The Block doing an acoustic song. HPE and another guy (Medicated Pete??) will also be on tomorrow's show trying out for bell-ringer during Steve from Florida's big Walk of Shame. Debbie the Cum Lady also wants to sleep with HPE"

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Today's show started with a tribute to Dr. Sarno. (I forget what else, but I did listen!)

That's sad. He was certainly famous to me after hearing about what a genius he was from Howard for 20 years.

Notable patients[edit]
Notable patients of Sarno include radio personality Howard Stern, comedian Larry David, actress Anne Bancroft,[5] filmmaker Terry Zwigoff,[14] 20/20 co-anchor John Stossel[4][15]and television writer Janette Barber.[4] All six have praised Sarno and his work highly.[4][16] Stern dedicated his first book in part to Sarno.[17] Howard Stern, Larry David, and John Stossel are both featured in a documentary about Dr. Sarno.[18]

That's what it seems like.

"On today's show, HPE has a woman who he is VERY controlling with. He's also gay for Donnie Wahlberg, who was on the show with New Kids On The Block doing an acoustic song. HPE and another guy (Medicated Pete??) will also be on tomorrow's show trying out for bell-ringer during Steve from Florida's big Walk of Shame. Debbie the Cum Lady also wants to sleep with HPE"

Some Stern things never get old to me. George Takei, Sour Shoes call ins and most wack pack stuff...including HPE.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This woman isn't banging him, is she? They just posted her picture and she is way hotter than HPE should ever get. Yea she's a big girl but she's certainly not ugly like I would have expected:

55-41171-high-pitch-erik-jolie-couch-062717-header-700-hss-1498566746.jpg

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think I read the first book. If I recall, his theory was that back pain resulted from the brain restricting blood circulation in order to distract yourself from something you did not want to think about, a strange kind of protective measure. The cure was to recognize that this is what the brain was doing and to face up to whatever you were trying to avoid. In other words, override your brain. I tried to tell my brain to stop with the shit but it did not work.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I think I read the first book. If I recall, his theory was that back pain resulted from the brain restricting blood circulation in order to distract yourself from something you did not want to think about, a strange kind of protective measure. The cure was to recognize that this is what the brain was doing and to face up to whatever you were trying to avoid. In other words, override your brain. I tried to tell my brain to stop with the shit but it did not work.
Am I the only one here who thinks this sounds an awful lot like scientology? Expensive, all-in-your-head, and touted by the celebrity elite.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Am I the only one here who thinks this sounds an awful lot like scientology? Expensive, all-in-your-head, and touted by the celebrity elite.

I'm curious to read the books for myself just to make up my own mind.

BTW, I remember the Dianetics commercials in the 1980s. I was a small kid, but I thought it would be cool to cure stuff in your head.

However, it's quite a leap to go from, "psychosomatic illness like high blood is real," to "Xenu detonated hydrogen bombs in volcanoes, and that's the root of your problems," to me. (No offense to any Scientologist reading this. I don't need more people mad at me.)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Some Stern things never get old to me. George Takei, Sour Shoes call ins and most wack pack stuff...including HPE.

I think the Sour Shoes "one-trick pony" day after day after day gets old. But does he get old???

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

IDK. He was a real doctor, he never pretended to be in some sort of fake navy, never any accusations of holding people hostage, or video proof of harassing people that went to him and decided they didn't buy his methods.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
With the HPE/Donnie tie in I'm actually looking forward to hearing them.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I think Robin is way off the mark about tennis. I didn't like McEnroe's comment either, but it's still the same sport. Two rackets, a bouncy ball, a net and lines on the ground. She's not the best in her sport. She's the best female in her sport.

Last edited:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think Robin is way off the mark about tennis. I didn't like McEnroe's comment either, but it's still the same sport. Two rackets, a bouncy ball, a net and lines on the ground. She's not the best in her sport. She's the best female in her sport.
McEnroe was asked a question during an interview. "What do you think of Serena William?" "Best women's player of all time, hands down." "Best women's player or best tennis player?" "You including men?" "Yes" "No. She would be ranked 700 on the men's tour." What else could he say? That she could beat top ranked men? I doubt she could win a game off Nadal. Then Robin, with that infuriating, condescending, knowing chuckle, went into an explanation that Serena was the best of all time because the men's and women's games are different. WTF? They are not. Same court. Same rules. In some tournaments it's best of 3 for men also. Such Robin bullshit.

Reactions: sadchild

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
He went wrong by saying 700. She would very likely be better than that but it wasn't an outrageous point he was trying to make. Also, huge accolades for him refusing to apologize! Pussy cowering celebs crying and apologizing is annoying and never really honest.

Lets take a look as Serena's exact words from a few years ago when speaking with Letterman:

DDPsvpBWsAE2wHS.jpg