Adam Corolla on 101

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
This is what I've been saying for a while. That station needs an identity. Hell they could put Bubba on live, put Adam on there, and leave Jay and Covino and Rich and they'd have a good lineup for the "male oriented" hot talk channel they want it to be.

And bring back Bobby Flay Radio, because that was actually a great show. I mean, it's pretty bad when your channel doesn't even have a logo.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Yes I agree with some of the earlier sentiments. If Carolla were to come over to Howard 101 (not really sure how likely that is in the first place though), I'd put him on during Bubba's current time slot of 3-7. Frankly I wouldn't care if they got rid of Bubba's terrestrial repeats all together, but I suppose they could move him to midnight directly after Ferrall's show.

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
A radio industry website is reporting that Carolla has shot a pilot for CBS-TV, so it looks like that's where he plans on focusing.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
But it shouldn't be Bubba. Carolla is the new boy, he gets the shit shift.

Be interesting to see if they do bring him over. Personally, I'd like to see an another morning show on 101. Even if it's just from 6-9, having something there before the west coast feed would be nice for vacations and during segments I don't think are particularly interesting (Joan Rivers, the Clemens steroid guy, etc).

Corolla could be live, Bubba is a replay regardless.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
It's not so much if its live or not, unless you're trying to call in. It's about being on when you're listening, unless you have a recording device. If people like to hear Bubba's show during the day, like it is scheduled now, telling them to go listen in the middle of the night isn't really giving what your customers want. it doesn't affect me that much as I record the late night replay anyway.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
It's not so much if its live or not, unless you're trying to call in. It's about being on when you're listening, unless you have a recording device. If people like to hear Bubba's show during the day, like it is scheduled now, telling them to go listen in the middle of the night isn't really giving what your customers want. it doesn't affect me that much as I record the late night replay anyway.

Exactly - don't care if it's a replay, it's new to me when I listen. Let the Carolla folks stay up late. At this point in time Carolla has brought in zero subs, so he needs to earn a better slot, IMO.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
He just started his first podcast today. He seems very excited about reaching out to his fans, and by the accounts of the person helping out Adam with the process he's already achieved over 150,000 downloads in under 24 hours time.

I would recommend very highly for everyone to check out his daily podcasts. They'll run for about as long as he wants them to at this point. Today's podcast couldn't have been much more than half an hour.

He talked about terrestrial radio and its pitfalls and the current state of satellite radio. This is the ground floor, it all starts up today...we'll see where it leads him.

Podcasts The Adam Carolla Podcast

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Just dloaded the podcast to my blackberry. I can test its multimedia capabilities as I sample the Aceman...

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Just dloaded the podcast to my blackberry. I can test its multimedia capabilities as I sample the Aceman...

Awesome...

He went easy on Jack Silver, in my opinion. I loved his take on shit #155 and his mild jag on airport security.

I can't wait to hear more...I loved it.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
He just started his first podcast today. He seems very excited about reaching out to his fans, and by the accounts of the person helping out Adam with the process he's already achieved over 150,000 downloads in under 24 hours time.

I would recommend very highly for everyone to check out his daily podcasts. They'll run for about as long as he wants them to at this point. Today's podcast couldn't have been much more than half an hour.

He talked about terrestrial radio and its pitfalls and the current state of satellite radio. This is the ground floor, it all starts up today...we'll see where it leads him.

Podcasts The Adam Carolla Podcast

Very cool. Somehow this got linked back on carollaradio.com and brought in about 700 hits to DRC today. Thanks Ifandorbut!

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Very cool. Somehow this got linked back on carollaradio.com and brought in about 700 hits to DRC today. Thanks Ifandorbut!

I'm not certain I know what that means, but it sounds cool to me.

I'm listening to his second podcast right now. Adam said he ended up getting over 200,000 downloads.

He's on with Dr. Drew right now.

This is awesome.