Adventures In Koopland

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Without looking at the video, I thought it was cause the king, who told the Spanish to fuck off so us Dutchies could rule ourselves, came from the house of Orange or something like that a long time ago.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hey, I was right. I'm smrt.

I didn't know about the Ireland or the flag stuff though. That was neat.

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I start my new, permanent position today and I'm woefully unprepared. Training was 7 days and not nearly enough to get a grasp on everything that needs to be done. Good news is that this account is way less busy than my last one so I won't be in a constant state of confusion. Also, if I feel this way the rest of the people on the account couldn't be much more comfortable, so at least we're all in the same boat.

Another plus is I get to go back to the afternoon shift that I had at my last job. I like that shift. I have to work Sundays 10-6 (thus all my rambling about getting NFL Rewind) but the other days are all 3-11. Good stuff.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It was an epic saga torn from today's headlines. It's the story of an underdog who fights his way out of hardship to eventually become manager of Phish' first intergalactic tour.

Or it's just about the shit that happens in Koops life.

Reactions: hyson and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
CAR TALK TIME!!!

I'm pretty sure I have a new car now! A 2005 Toyota RAV4 S with 87k on it. I haven't paid for it yet but my dad got to talking with one of the old (meme)bags he plays Bridge with and she said she just got her car appraised to sell. He went and took a look at it and told her he would buy it. He left me a message while I was at work saying he bought me a car. It was very sweet. The woman gave dad all the paperwork including the registration. I'm not sure if she gave him the title though. Either way it looks like this time it won't be sold out from under me like that old dickhead did with his Lexus. I of course will be paying for it and it's the exact dollar amount I had budgeted. Now it will be a little more than I have budgeted because I put a few hundo into van repairs and that came from my OG new car budget. But that's fine. I sure am glad I didn't spend the 1.8 to get the van a/c fixed yet.

It's in really good shape. The only issues are the one side-view mirror is slightly broken (but it's kinda hard to even tell) and the wheels have a bit of rust. Besides that it's really nice. I'm very happy.

Here are a few blurry pics I took after work tonight and the Carmax appraisal letter (which is the price I will be paying) that the seller got a few days ago:

I assume if Carmax will give her 4k for it they would sell it for a bunch more. KBB says in a private seller/buyer deal it's worth somewhere between 4.6 and 6.4.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The car is now all but officially mine. I paid the owner and she gave me the title and key. She didn't sign the title because I want to make sure she does it right and both of us weren't totally sure of every section that needed to be filled out.

I'm going to transfer my insurance this week and when I go to do that (I have to go to a broker for insurance cause of my awful driving record) I'll ask them to help me with filling it out. After that I get the freaking awful breathalyzer removed from the van on Fri. I am legally done with it as of tomorrow but don't have the un-installation appointment till Fri. Then I will go on Mon to the DMV and put the new car in my name and get that literal red mark saying I need the breathalyzer, taken off my license.

The timing worked out well.

My dad and I were so happy with the seller that my first drive in the RAV was to Publix to get her a box of chocolates as a thank you. It was nice to take the first ride in the new car with my dad. It rides nice and it is such a relief to have a/c in a car again.

Driving the van to work this week will be rough but I'm almost there!

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Now that I'm not down on Cape Cod, I offer a belated congrats on the new ride. I'm sure it'll be well capable of handling the mountainous terrain and heavy snow down there.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I need some advice. There is a mutiny building at my work. My direct supervisor, hates the main boss in charge of our account. She is angling to get moved to a different account and trying to rally us troops to go with her. I'm not a huge fan of my main boss but she is not as bad as other seem to think. Thing is, I'm friends with the supervisor. So I support her as a friend but I don't want to be involved in this nonsense. So of the reps are writing letters to upper management talking about how awful our main boss is and I refuse to do that. I have only been permanent for like 1.5 months now and I don't want to rock the boat. The employee guide says after 6 months you can ask for a raise and transfer and that's what I intend to do.

Now the issue is that once all this gets out in the open the main boss is going to flip her shit. I know she is going to come to all us and ask if we feel the same. IDK what to do in that situation. Usually I wouldn't care about straight lying and saying I knew nothing about it, my coworkers went rogue, and I'm very happy working for her but I don't want to throw my supervisor friend under the bus like that.

Whatever happens, this workplace drama is kinda fun.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Do what's best for you. Don't let friendship get in the way. If they're really friends, they'll understand

Reactions: JHDK