Adventures In Koopland

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My concern is much less about the job (jobs come and go) than it is about the power difference. Relationships between people with a significant power difference are fraught with dishonesty. She may be honest about that orgasm, but in the back of your mind, you'll always wonder if she was faking it to get something you have that she doesn't.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My concern is much less about the job (jobs come and go - so to speak) than it is about the power difference. Relationships between people with a significant power difference are fraught with dishonesty. She may be honest about that orgasm (but probably isn't,) and in the back of your mind, you'll always wonder if she was faking it to get something you have that she doesn't, or just for the typical reasons that she fakes it.
FIFY

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Welp, as expected I ignored all of your good advice and we kinda sped things up and went on our first date after work today. We have now reached the point where all those possible, future, work-related claims you guys talked about going down, could go down if things take an awfully wrong turn.

Side note, does anyone find it weird that I'm talking about this new thing nonstop but almost never talked about the last one until it was over? I do. I can think of some reasons why that might be and maybe I'll get into them at some point. I know you all will be waiting with bated breath.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Side note, does anyone find it weird that I'm talking about this new thing nonstop but almost never talked about the last one until it was over?
No weirder than thinking you lived somewhere else, or not knowing you were in jail, or other stuff like that. But it's all up to you. People here are married and have kids and we don't hear about that. I'm certainly interested in your previous relationship, but you can decide if and when you feel like you want to bring it up.

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
Welp, as expected I ignored all of your good advice and we kinda sped things up and went on our first date after work today. We have now reached the point where all those possible, future, work-related claims you guys talked about going down, could go down if things take an awfully wrong turn.

Side note, does anyone find it weird that I'm talking about this new thing nonstop but almost never talked about the last one until it was over? I do. I can think of some reasons why that might be and maybe I'll get into them at some point. I know you all will be waiting with bated breath.
Did you reach first base yet?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok so things have been advancing rather quickly. Who knows, so far everything is great but maybe we are flying a bit too close to the sun. So after the dinner I told you guys about on Tuesday, I went to her place to watch Power on Thursday and then we had dinner again after work on Friday. She is coming to my place tomorrow after her shift and then we plan to see a motion picture. I'm a bit worried about showing her my living accommodations but I think I have prepared her well enough, she knows what she's walking into. And it's not like my place is gross or anything, it's just a little embarrassing that I have roommates and rent a guest bedroom in a condo at 35. Whatever, she seem cool enough.

Also her birthday is this Tuesday...She will be the same age as I. I'm thinking of going to the mall tomorrow and getting her a Coach bag. Thing is we have only been seeing each other for a week so I'm not sure what she would want as a gift. Their bags are kinda pricey but not crazy like Louis Vuitton or something like that. All girls like bags right? Help me out here guys.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
and then we plan to see a motion picture.
Will it be a talkie?

In the early married days, I'd get the Mrs a coach bag, or Kate Spade, or Dooney & Bourke. They're nice, but it seems like a married guy thing. Plus, she may have a preference for bag style - handbag, shoulder bag, hobo, cross-body, big or small etc.

If you know that she has pierced ears, earrings might be nice, diamond studs or emerald or sapphire. It's less of a commitment than a necklace or wristband (bracelet).

Reactions: HecticArt