Adventures In Koopland

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Feb 11, 2017.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You wouldn't believe how much you can close with that line. :brow:
    scotchandcigar and Wolf like this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

My new pickup line is, you wanna check out a casual hole?
  3. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

How does that differ from your old pick-up line?
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Instead of saying my hole, it's a casual hole.
    scotchandcigar likes this.
  5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

So you have become a pimp -- offering somebody else's hole?
    JHDK likes this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yep
    JHDK likes this.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i'd say there is a solid 30% chance i'll be homeless tonight.

i gotta go all the way up to west palm beach for some court ordered, 2 hour MADD class tonight. now that's not so bad. however, i will take my bike and the bus up there. the class is from 7-9 pm and the last southbound bus leaves that area at 9:30. so hopefully i will be able to get out of there right at 9 and hop on the bus but that is far from guaranteed. when the class ends i need to get some form of proof i was there and who knows how long that will take. so if i miss the bus i'm not calling a cab cause that would be like a $100 ride and i'm not so sure about uber either with my bike. i know in some areas they have cars with bike racks but i'm not sure if that's the case by me. also, i dont have a smart phone so i'd have to do this all from my tablet at a mcdonalds or whatever.

my plan is to catch that bus. if i don't make it i'll start riding home. now 30+ miles is possible...it's a walk in the park for meme, but my fat ass struggles after 10. so i may just try to find a 24 fast food place and hang out there till 6 am. if it gets super annoying i'll just get a hotel room for the night but i really don't want to waste that money.

this should be an adventure.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

A 30 mile ride is just 3 10 mile rides. Stop for donuts and rest and you should be fine.

Hope you have lights.
    HecticArt, semipenguin and JHDK like this.
  9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i got a real good front light but that back one isn't the best. but it's at least something. and it's not a huge deal cause i do all my riding on sidewalks and i like to face traffic so it's not as important as it would be to a serious, street rider.
    HecticArt likes this.
  10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Buy this for your rear:

Amazon.com : Cygolite Hotshot 100 Bike Tail Light : Sports & Outdoors

$30 to save your ass.

Do not ride on sidewalks. Do not ride into traffic. Do not give cyclists a bad name.
    semipenguin likes this.
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

it's not that the light is bad it's that i don't have a good place to mount it. under my seat is somewhat obscured by my luggage rack. i like how the one it that link has a "seat stay mount". that's what i need.

i've had the bike for just about 2 months now and i can say that nearly 100% of the other bikers i see around here all use the sidewalks. the only people i've seen riding on the streets are people with road bikes and those are rare. the vast majority are mountain, touring and hybrid...and all on the sidewalks.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Keep on pedaling.
    That luggage rack will start to shrink.
    JHDK likes this.
  13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

after the MADD class i was out in time to make the bus! but little did i know the last bus of the night doesn't follow the whole route. it only went about 5 miles south of where i was, at the palm beach airport. so it wound up that i still had a 20 mile bike ride ahead of me. i followed meme's advice. after the first 10 i really went slow and stopped a few times. it took me an hour longer than google says it should. i got home at 1:45 in the morning. i'm happy i toughed it out though. i now have new records in both miles rode in one day, 26, and longest single bike ride, 19.2.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  14. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

[​IMG]
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Awesome!
    Now I have the necessary image of Koop on his bike.

Thank you!
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

when you think of me just think of a man-child jerking off in a movie theater.
  17. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

No.
    scotchandcigar likes this.
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Too late Pee Wee.
    The bike wins.
    semipenguin and scotchandcigar like this.
  19. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I reserve that mental image for our Commander-in-Chief.
  20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

this weekend should be a delight. from 1:30-7:30 today and 12:30-6:30 tomorrow i will be having the time of my life at metro traffic school! if the MADD course was any indication oh boy am i excited! this should be better than a trip to disney world.