Adventures In Koopland

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Feb 11, 2017.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Maybe you can take the monorail pilot class next.

(I can't find the youtube with the monorail class.)
    JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

that episode had both the best simpsons song and the best simpsons one liner.

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

12 hours of metro traffic school DUI class I are now in the books! it wasn't that bad, just boring. they now make me go see some sort of counselor for a few sessions but all the long stuff is behind me.
    scotchandcigar and semipenguin like this.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I are peacefully at home.

Please don't drink and drive again
    HecticArt and memebag like this.
  6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

the putting myself and others in danger part isn't what stops me. it's the freaking 10k in fines/legal fees that keep me from even drinking anymore, let alone drinking and driving.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Your morals seem to be questionable.
  8. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

HA! if this is the first you are noticing you haven't read many of my posts.
    Casual Fan likes this.
  9. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Okay, real talk time. If you have an alcohol problem--like you "need" a drink to function, you binge drink often, you're drunk or buzzed at work--then get help for that. If you've done stupid shit when you've been drinking (which clearly you have), then stop doing stupid shit. A DUI does not make you an alcoholic, or even a bad person. It means you've made a mistake. The mistake may be a symptom of a bigger problem, or it may not. But don't confuse or conflate the two. If you can drink and not endanger yourself or others, then drink. If you can't, then get help for your alcohol problem.

I just felt like I needed to say that.
    scotchandcigar, JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

if we are being real then yea, i hear you. the DUI happened in summer 2013. shortly after i took a trip to disney and that was the last time i drank anything. i had a serious bit of alcoholism going on from about 2011-13 but after a few rough weeks at first it was actually rather easy to just stop. since then i haven't done anything really. well i ate shrooms and smoked a bit at the phish 2014-15 new years run in miami and that was the last time i did any drugs.
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I tell ya, it was the fear of hurting others that scared the crap out of me.
    The possibility of losing a pile of my money was (is) something that I always worried about, but hurting someone else scares me.

Several years ago there was a drunk guy that went the wrong way on the highway and killed a family with kids.
    I couldn't cope with that.
    semipenguin likes this.