Adventures In Koopland

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
If you want to get promoted and a raise then simply sleep with the boss/supervisor and who ever better in bed takes there side. :laugh:

No really, I would just do my job and let everybody else get into trouble. Why possibly get yourself into trouble when you been on board for couple of months now.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
this workplace drama is kinda fun
Workplace drama sucks!
Avoid it as best as you can.

We're going through something similar, but much more nasty.
My boss is awesome. Nobody knows the place better. My division got a new boss. (My bosses boss.) The new guy is clueless, and we think he's going to try to dissolve our department out of spite. (Long story.) Either way, I'm looking for a new gig. I'd rather not, but I won't work for the dill-hole any longer than I have to. I feel terrible for my direct boss. He's awesome, but it'll be harder for him to find a new gig. He deserves a lot more respect than he's been getting.

Avoid the drama! You're there to do a job. Period.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm looking for a new gig. I'd rather not, but I won't work for the dill-hole any longer than I have to.

You should apply to work with these guys. You'd fit right in:

beaux-arts-ball-2.jpg

we think he's going to try to dissolve our department out of spite. (Long story.)

I want to hear that story.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I could hang with them. I bet that they were a lot of fun.

The story isn't great, or even interesting. Just long an stupid.
It's easiest to avoid workplace drama.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just when everything was going so well...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got home to a letter in the mail saying my license was suspended on 11.11.18 for failing to maintain the SR-22/FR-44 expensive as shit muther ucking insurance!!!

IDK what's going on. On 10.17 I paid $1,500+ at a Progressive broker to get everything in order for 6 months. The woman walked me through everything because I was getting the insurance taken off the van and put on the RAV. She knew all about the DUI and the SR/FR crap. Something must have gone wrong there. I have had 0 incidents with the cops and I know for a fact I forked out all that fucking money. On 10.30 I was at the DMV getting the RAV in my name and I showed them the insurance and everything was fine. WHAT IS HAPPENING?

This makes me want to fucking cry. I've been dealing with this shit for so long and it was finally done and now this?

So now I'm going to wake up and call the DMV and see what's going on. Then I'm going to go back to the broker and talk to her about all this and see what she can do. Meanwhile I have to drive to all these places and now I'm going to be scared as shit again, just like I was for all those years where I was being a irresponsible dick.

I'm hoping I can get all this sorted out tomorrow and then on Thurs go to the DMV and pay whatever bullshit fine I'm sure they will force me to pay. I'm going to be all paranoid driving to work and I certainly can't make my weekly 200 mile pilgrimage to Disney until this is sorted out.

What an awful way to end the day.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It almost sounds like some paperwork crossed in the mail or something.
If you have your receipt and an insurance card that said that you were legit, make copies, and hang on to them wherever you go.

Good luck, and skip the doob!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Wow that really sucks Koop. I don't know what I would do, beside blasting and chewing people out over the phone or in person.

I would take semi and hectic advise and go with that. Then go home and do what meme said
bong-gif.1524
J/K on the bong part.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
45 mins on hold...Update...while I was writing this an agent picked up but couldn't hear me and hung up. I'm now on hold again after calling back.

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

It almost sounds like some paperwork crossed in the mail or something

I really hope so.

I have the receipt of my 10.30 DMV trip where I paid $537.61 to put the RAV in my name. I of course have my insurance card too. The insurance paperwork is all online and looking through it isn't all that clear. This broker I went to was the same one who originally helped me with the van insurance like 7 months ago and she did a great job and there were no issues.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hectic, you were right.

It was a clerical error.

Turns out that there was some issue where they typed my policy in as a SR-22 instead of a FR-44. I have and paid for the FR-44 and that's all I need because it covers everything.

I worked with the broker for about 90 mins and she sent off all the correct info and called both the insurance company and the DMV. Good news is I won't need to go to the DMV and I don't have to pay any extra. Bad news is that for 24-48 hours I will technically be driving on a suspended license. I have a printout proof of my FR-44 and if I were to get pulled over I could try to explain all this but if you run my license right now it still comes back suspended. They assure me it will be good to go by Friday and I sure hope so. I keep running that driver's license lookup over and over hoping it will update right away.

Glad it wasn't anything more serious. I was completely freaked out last night when I got home to that suspension letter.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Hectic, you were right.

It was a clerical error.

Turns out that there was some issue where they typed my policy in as a SR-22 instead of a FR-44. I have and paid for the FR-44 and that's all I need because it covers everything.

I worked with the broker for about 90 mins and she sent off all the correct info and called both the insurance company and the DMV. Good news is I won't need to go to the DMV and I don't have to pay any extra. Bad news is that for 24-48 hours I will technically be driving on a suspended license. I have a printout proof of my FR-44 and if I were to get pulled over I could try to explain all this but if you run my license right now it still comes back suspended. They assure me it will be good to go by Friday and I sure hope so. I keep running that driver's license lookup over and over hoping it will update right away.

Glad it wasn't anything more serious. I was completely freaked out last night when I got home to that suspension letter.
:bigbananadance:
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!
I got the first win for our Adventures in Koopland Trivia contest!!!!!!!
This is better than a WAI win.

Glad it worked out Koop.

Be very careful till at least the end of day on Monday.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
While this doesn't really compare, it took us nearly 10 trips to the DMV to get all our cars registered and licenses transferred from NH to MA, when we were living in the rental while building the house. And all of it was temporary, as we eventually moved to Maine. My wife found out she had unpaid excise taxes, dating back to 1988 (when she last lived in MA), and it cost her well over $1,000 to clear it up, before she was able to get a MA license.

My car was being financed at the time, so the title was with a national finance company. They wouldn't transfer my registration until I had the official, original title in my hands, which wasn't even with the finance company, but with my originally titled state of NH.

Maine has the nicest, easiest RMV. NH is pretty good too. Mass is the worst, although NJ was bad too.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well, this should have been expected.

The 48 hours came and went with no change. Went back to the brokerker and they told me I had to go to the DMV. So here I am at the God forsaken DMV hell hole where they say it's a 3 hour wait.

So not only am I not in the happiest place on Earth right now, I'm pretty much at the worst place on Earth.

I wish they just told me to go to the DMV on Wed. Then I could have gotten here well before opening and been in and out like I usually do. And I would have still been able to go to Disney.

Last edited: