Adventures In Koopland

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That one woman who gives you problems. I would have fired her ass if I was the big boss. I wouldn't take shit from anybody like that.

I'm the BIM project team lead at my job and I oversee like 4 guys. I have one guy who doesn't give a crap, doesn't know how to get the work done and always calls in sick. I have talked to him multiple times and my foremen don't even like him. We want to get rid of him, but unfortunately, we are shorthand on CAD drafters and nobody new has come along yet in weeks. So I have to keep putting up with him until we can find a good replacement.

Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think you handled it reasonably well. It was also worth letting your supervisor know. That way, if it continues, or if there are other issues with her, management can take action and not have to say that they weren’t aware of her being problematic. They may be aware of problems that you haven’t seen yet either.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Update...The offending party no longer works for my company.

Now it may not have been all because of the incident, another seasonal was let go today too and she hadn't done anything crazy like fight with a supervisor.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Update...The offending party no longer works for my company.

Now it may not have been all because of the incident, another seasonal was let go today too and she hadn't done anything crazy like fight with a supervisor.
If they are releasing people, people who cause trouble are at the top of the list.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good. Even if it had nothing to do with your confrontation, others will assume that it might have. It’ll make them think twice about not following your directives.

Did you watch Band of Brothers? It reminds me of the thing with Spiers and the prisoners.

• Haha

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I just started FIU. I'm taking one english class and I'm doing the 100% online class. There were a bunch of technical issues (and I really only started giving it my all this tuesday) so now I have 10 assignments due my 11:59 pm tomorrow. Oh boy this is something, more than I was expecting. I haven't been in school since I finished my AA back in 2007. I'm sure once I pound out these assignments things will start falling into place.

Oh and one assignment is to post a piece of public writing you've done like Facebook or Twitter or (and it specifically mentions this) a message board. You guys think I should share the Publix story on day 1 of class? Haha.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
No idea and no one go find it either. That was a joke about probably the most embarrassing thing I've told you guys around here...even worse than the jail story.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok I did half the work that is due tomorrow at 11:59 pm. It took me 4:07 but about an hour of that time was figuring the system out so the second half should be quicker.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Because you all have been wondering, I shaved my balls today. The beard trimmer works like a charm. Oh and I also shaved the upper part of my asscrack and now it's all itchy.

And that is my contribution to DRC for today, 11.9.19. You're welcome.

It's finally time for the update you've all been waiting for...I shaved my balls again tonight.

I really went at it. Balls, shaft, upper pube area, grundle and inner ass cheeks.

It was quite the sight, me putting one leg up on the sink to get a good angle and then doing it again with the other leg. Went at it with both the beard trimmer and a razor this time.

I then end it with a shower and once I dry off I slather baby powder all over the entire area. It's like aftershave for my taint.

I know you all will probably want more details so I'm happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok, time for a serious post now.

So I think I've mentioned that the pretty lady is Haitian, so she's black. We went on a date to a diner tonight and on the way home she asks me something like, "What do you think when people are staring at us?". Of course I knew what she meant right away but I hadn't noticed anything while we were eating dinner so I tell her that. She then tells me it's happened before and I didn't notice it that time either. She thought that was interesting.

Now I was thinking that maybe this person was staring because he was so shocked an ogre like me could pull such a good looking lady but I know better than to question the legitimacy of the accusation, or make excuses for the accused, so I kept that in my head.

I've dated Spanish women before but only one black woman and that was in highschool. This stuff never came up with them. I guess growing up as a white dude, stuff like this is foreign to me. I asked her to point it out to me next time it happens and she said she would. I also told her that situations like this are new to me and I may need her help learning about it.

The actual event was shitty, but I think our conversation about it was very good and will help us going forward.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I would lean toward the 'what the fuck is the ugly dude doing with the hot babe?' type stare. Or 'how easy would it be for me to take that wimp out and score with the hot babe?' type stare.

• Haha
Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I would lean toward the 'what the fuck is the ugly dude doing with the hot babe?' type stare. Or 'how easy would it be for me to take that wimp out and score with the hot babe?' type stare.
:yeahthat:

Actually, being in the south, it seems like you might get more people gawking because of the race thing than you would in more......civilized..... regions........

But probably the ogre thing.

• Haha

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hah, you guys are assholes, but also great.

IDK, the interracial thing is just something I never considered. She's an attractive lady and for some reason (maybe she got bonked on the head right before meeting me) she's also into me...That's all I need. Guess I just assumed that was how everyone thought since it's been the norm for so many years before I was even born.

On a lighter note, I kept singing this song over and over on the way to and from the diner:

As you can imagine, she wasn't amused.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
:yeahthat:

Actually, being in the south, it seems like you might get more people gawking because of the race thing than you would in more......civilized..... regions........

I had thought of that but usually it is when those "black folks grab one of those there white women".

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I had thought of that but usually it is when those "black folks grab one of those there white women".

I actually had that same thought. Another thing I thought was best not to mention during the discussion.

than you would in more......civilized..... regions........

We all know Toledo is the pinnacle of human civilization.