After Market Radios With Bluetooth And Xm

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Jun 12, 2016.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Our car detailer guy blew out our in-car radio. So we are looking to either replace with same (he would pay) or with after-market with bluetooth + aux (he would pay some + install). Must have XM built in. Does such a beast exist? In Canada? I have never done anything like this so this is quite new to me. Also has to work with GMs door chimes and warnings which apparently all come through same centre.
  2. IdRatherBeSkiing

Also when it says sattellite radio ready, I have to buy an additional component for sat rad correct?
  3. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

What did you end up getting?
    IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

I got a pioneer unit with bluetooth, ipod/usb port, aux, cd and added a SXM tuner (uses XM network). Has ability to connect to Spotify or Pandora apps on my phone (don't use either).

I liked the way the GM one worked in your presets could be anything. This one your presets are tied to the band you are on (AM/FM1-3/SXM1-3). Also GM one has 6*6 presets. This one has only 6 per band. But has neat feature that if you turn to a channel, it will start at the start of the song. Uses buffering. When I go to my parking garage (assuming I have changed channels) I can usually make it to my spot without hitting "no signal".

Wound up footing the whole bill as detailers turned out to be rather fly by night.
    goreds2 and HecticArt like this.