AJ's MLB Trivia

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Sheffield is correct. He's now with his eighth team, the Metropolitans.

New one...

During the current decade (2000-present), who has pitched the most innings? Who has given up the most hits? Who has given up the most runs? (hint...it's the same guy for all three, and he won a World Series in the '90's. He's still active.)

Randy Johnson?

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Pettitte won in 2000 with the NYY

edit (point is, it can't be him)

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Pettitte won in 2000 with the NYY

He also won three World Series in the '90's. Pettite is a good guess, but not the guy. The correct pitcher is just a one-time World Series champ (and it came in the '90's).

Here's the ? again...

During the current decade (2000-present), who has pitched the most innings? Who has given up the most hits? Who has given up the most runs? (hint...it's the same guy for all three, and he won a World Series in the '90's. He's still active.)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
He also won three World Series in the '90's. Pettite is a good guess, but not the guy. The correct pitcher is just a one-time World Series champ (and it came in the '90's).

Here's the ? again...

By process of elimination, Florada in 1997 or Atlanta in 1995.

Active pitchers from 1997 Florida: Livan Hernandez, F Heredia, and A. Alfonseca. Eliminate the last 2 because of loss of innings.

Active pithers from 1995 Atlanta: Tom Glavine, John Schmoltz, Kent Mercker, Jason Schmidt, Mike Stanton (says active but only until 2007). Elminate all but Tom Glavine due to lack of innings (Schmoltz has less once he became a closer).

Without getting a calculater and adding up innings after 2000, I would say Tom Glavine looks to have slightly more so he will be my guess.

Reactions: AJ_II

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
By process of elimination, Florada in 1997 or Atlanta in 1995.

Active pitchers from 1997 Florida: Livan Hernandez, F Heredia, and A. Alfonseca. Eliminate the last 2 because of loss of innings.

Active pithers from 1995 Atlanta: Tom Glavine, John Schmoltz, Kent Mercker, Jason Schmidt, Mike Stanton (says active but only until 2007). Elminate all but Tom Glavine due to lack of innings (Schmoltz has less once he became a closer).

Without getting a calculater and adding up innings after 2000, I would say Tom Glavine looks to have slightly more so he will be my guess.

Wow, I love the analyzation! You went with Tom Glavine, but you should have said Livan Hernandez. Really good job though, you get the rep points anyway.

Livan Hernandez, from the 2000 season up until now, has pitched 2104.1 innings and given up 2327 hits and 1093 runs (74 of them being unearned). And in case you're wondering, Jamie Moyer has given up the most homeruns this decade (259).

Okay, so sticking with the decade theme, because I think it's pretty interesting...who has the most plate appearances (PA) in the 2000's? (hint...he's with a new team this season)

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Man, three of the four players did time or is currently doing time in San Francisco...I am so ashamed of myself.:mad:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Derek Jeter? I can't remember ever seeing him hurt, and starts every game.

Use the clues! The right guy is with a new team this year and is an outfielder.

Otherwise, Jeter would have been a good guess. As of now, he's only about 20 plate appearances behind the leader.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Use the clues! The right guy is with a new team this year and is an outfielder.

Otherwise, Jeter would have been a good guess. As of now, he's only about 20 plate appearances behind the leader.

Through 2000-2008 he has the most ABs. The next 4 trailers are all on the same teams this year so I figure the guy you are looking for must take a huge number of walks or HBPs.