Albums You Had Forgotten About

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Paul Lekakis "Boom Boom
I barely member that one. Somehow I managed to avoid it back in the 80s.
I guess I get lucky once and a while.

Now, Right Said Fred is a guilty pleasure song for me. It’s just too much fun.
Parents Music Resource Center. They were big in the 80's, advocating censorship of music and other forms of media. They're at least partially responsible for the Explicit Lyrics warnings you see on album covers.
Right. Whores.

Reactions: sadchild

MonoStereo

May 12, 2020
Kansas City
Surprised to see Hawks in there - I became aware of them a few years ago via one of the music blogs I frequent. I actually really like that whole album. I wish somebody would reissue that & the follow-up on a "2-fer" CD.

And man, that Ewok song is brutal.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
In 1984, David Gilmour released a solo album that got some radio airplay.
1599834562342.png

I really liked this song from it. Note that he changes guitars mid-song.

David Gilmour - Blue Light (live)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Next Installment:
The Soup Dragons
Hotwired

Here's an album from 1992 by a little band from Scotland.
The first two songs were a great counterpart to the grunge scene. Guitar based, danceable, alt, kinda pop, and a bit of R&B mixed in.
Pleasure

Divine Thing

There's some downtempo mixxed in with a sound that's pure 90's.

They had one more album in them, and when it didn't take off, they called it quits.

Too bad, they were a fun band.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I would like to add "Parallel Lines" by Blondie to this list. I obviously have heard the hits "Heart of Glass" and "One Way or Another" but have forgotten the rest of the album. I used to listen to this cassette frequently. Listening again now, I still like it. I had forgotten it until it came up on my 424.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Next Installment:
The Soup Dragons
Hotwired

Here's an album from 1992 by a little band from Scotland.
The first two songs were a great counterpart to the grunge scene. Guitar based, danceable, alt, kinda pop, and a bit of R&B mixed in.
Pleasure

Divine Thing

There's some downtempo mixxed in with a sound that's pure 90's.

They had one more album in them, and when it didn't take off, they called it quits.

Too bad, they were a fun band.

Aren't those the guys that covered the Rolling Stones' 'Free'?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Steve Vai's 'Passion and Warfare', released shortly before Grunge hit. The most memorable song was a tune called 'The Audience is Listening'.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I would like to add "Parallel Lines" by Blondie to this list. I obviously have heard the hits "Heart of Glass" and "One Way or Another" but have forgotten the rest of the album. I used to listen to this cassette frequently. Listening again now, I still like it. I had forgotten it until it came up on my 424.
I hadn't listened to that album in ages. I think my cassette got eaten back in the 80's. I replaced it with the best of CD a couple of years later.
Aren't those the guys that covered the Rolling Stones' 'Free'?
Indeed.
Steve Vai's 'Passion and Warfare', released shortly before Grunge hit. The most memorable song was a tune called 'The Audience is Listening'.

I used to listen to that disk a lot when it came out. I haven't listened to it in a while.
I buddy had posted Bad Horsie on FB recently. That one and the Attitude Song cook.

Reactions: sadchild