All Things Amazon

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Oct 11, 2016.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

You're spot-on! Those were 2 that I was interested in. The top one actually has a keyring hole in that black plastic base, but it's such a short drive that it's really meant to leave in a laptop, so it's hard to pop it in and out.

The bottom one would be perfect, but the 2 things reviewers said were:
    1) it gets really hot, which may make it more prone to crap out, and
    2) people complained of slow transfer speeds.

I could probably live with both of those (possible) issues, but I wouldn't want it to die on me.

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I know this is another area where I sound like a broken record, but what's wrong with a Micro SD card with a SD card adapter? The 200 GB one offers tons of space and is really cheap now that the 512 is on the market and driving down the prices of all its predecessors.

Don't most PCs still have a SD slot?

They don't have a key ring hole but they are flat enough that you could easily keep it in a credit card slot or under your license in that wallet pocket.

They are practically giving away the 128's these days:

3. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Depends on the PC. Most workplaces use ultra small form factor workstations that only have USB slots. The same goes with thin client POS machines. Most laptops do have the SD slot, but sometimes if you pre-configure one online you have to have it added for a nominal fee.

I recently purchased this USB to micro SD adapter...IMO it's way faster than the packed in SD adapter that came with the card.

This wouldn't work for scotch though as it doesn't have a keyring hole.

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Walmart's strategy to fight Amazon seems to be working.

Walmart is hanging tough against Amazon - CNN

I found this interesting:

About 90% of Americans live within 10 miles of a Walmart.

I remember talking about how the further you live from a Walmart the better area you're in, on these boards not too long ago.

semipenguin likes this.
  5. scotchandcigar

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Good. Hopefully they will stop talking about it soon.

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Why do all the news reports say NYC and "Northern Virginia"? Arlington is hardly an obscure county. Everyone knows it because of the cemetery.

8. scotchandcigar

Yeah, that is stupid. At least when they refer to something in North Jersey, they just go ahead and call it New York.