All Things Amazon

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Oct 11, 2016.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

You're spot-on! Those were 2 that I was interested in. The top one actually has a keyring hole in that black plastic base, but it's such a short drive that it's really meant to leave in a laptop, so it's hard to pop it in and out.

The bottom one would be perfect, but the 2 things reviewers said were:
    1) it gets really hot, which may make it more prone to crap out, and
    2) people complained of slow transfer speeds.

I could probably live with both of those (possible) issues, but I wouldn't want it to die on me.

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I know this is another area where I sound like a broken record, but what's wrong with a Micro SD card with a SD card adapter? The 200 GB one offers tons of space and is really cheap now that the 512 is on the market and driving down the prices of all its predecessors.

Don't most PCs still have a SD slot?

They don't have a key ring hole but they are flat enough that you could easily keep it in a credit card slot or under your license in that wallet pocket.

They are practically giving away the 128's these days:

3. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Depends on the PC. Most workplaces use ultra small form factor workstations that only have USB slots. The same goes with thin client POS machines. Most laptops do have the SD slot, but sometimes if you pre-configure one online you have to have it added for a nominal fee.

I recently purchased this USB to micro SD adapter...IMO it's way faster than the packed in SD adapter that came with the card.

This wouldn't work for scotch though as it doesn't have a keyring hole.

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Walmart's strategy to fight Amazon seems to be working.

Walmart is hanging tough against Amazon - CNN

I found this interesting:

About 90% of Americans live within 10 miles of a Walmart.

I remember talking about how the further you live from a Walmart the better area you're in, on these boards not too long ago.

semipenguin likes this.
  5. scotchandcigar

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Good. Hopefully they will stop talking about it soon.

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Why do all the news reports say NYC and "Northern Virginia"? Arlington is hardly an obscure county. Everyone knows it because of the cemetery.

8. scotchandcigar

Yeah, that is stupid. At least when they refer to something in North Jersey, they just go ahead and call it New York.

9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I see Koop order this for his cat from Amazon.

[​IMG]

JHDK, memebag and semipenguin like this.
  10. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Got a 3 Wyze cams from Amazon for about $20 a piece.

Pretty sweet pieces of tech.

semipenguin likes this.
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Anyone try Amazon Music Unlimited? It's the cheapest (with Prime) at $7.99/month and I'm thinking about it.

What is the best paid music streaming service?

12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I tried Amazon. It was missing a bunch of music I like, and the algorithms are horrible for making artist playlists and radio stations. I asked it to play Queen songs and it played the same 3 songs 20 times. It couldn't tell they were the same song because they were from different greatest hits albums, I think.

I use Google Music now. It has really good radio stations. Tell it to play Incredible Bongo Band radio and you'll hear Lack of Afro mixed in there.

JHDK likes this.
  13. scotchandcigar

OK, I didn't buy this from Amazon; I got it from Best Buy, but it's something we were discussing here. They had the Sandisk 128gb USB flash drive that I wanted, on sale for $29. It's tiny, and it's USB 3.1. Hard to believe I can get that much storage on something this size.
    upload_2019-1-28_10-16-29.png

JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Now that's a cool keychain. Sweet BMW fob, utilitarian pocket knife and a nice chunk of flash memory.

Maybe not as manly as this:

[​IMG]

But it's still pretty darn cool.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  15. scotchandcigar

It's a Gerber multi-tool. Mostly use it to crack open beers and cut cigars, and occasionally open a package. The keyfob has the valet key built-in, which is a neat design.
    upload_2019-1-28_14-2-53.png

JHDK likes this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I carry a multi-tool too but it's much bigger. It was a cheap Walmart purchase. I usually have my bag with me (a Jan [aka "Yon"] Sport) and I keep it in there. I think a pocketknife or multi-tool is something all men should carry. I find the pliers and knife come in handy quite often.

This is the one:

[​IMG]

scotchandcigar likes this.
  17. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I stopped carrying multitools after I was forced to throw away four by various security guards.

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You weren't keeping them in the right place.

19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

You want to store them in Uranus.

JHDK likes this.
  20. scotchandcigar

This is why we can't have nice things.

Wolf likes this.