All Things Amazon

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So far I am really happy with this tumbler. I made 20 oz of coffee and an hour later it was still steaming when I took off the cap. I now am trying a cold drink. I poured a sugar free Monster in it from the fridge with no ice. I'm about 40 mins in and it's still nice and cool. I think I will be taking this with me on my walks now. I usually take a normal water bottle from the fridge and it is always warm by the time I get back. This will be bigger to carry but it will be nice to have ice water the whole way.

The lid is obviously where most of the heat or cold escapes and with both with the coffee and Monster the lid feels slightly hot or cold. The rest of the bottle feels room temperature. It will be interesting to see how the body of it feels when I fill it with ice. Oh and I love how it is truly leak proof. I turned it upside down and shook it and nothing at all leaked out. Sweet!

$16 well spent.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If you put coffee in it, the inside will eventually smell like coffee no matter how good you clean it.
I never put cold drinks in it, but I'd get another one for cold stuff if I did.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So far I am really happy with this tumbler. I made 20 oz of coffee and an hour later it was still steaming when I took off the cap. I now am trying a cold drink. I poured a sugar free Monster in it from the fridge with no ice. I'm about 40 mins in and it's still nice and cool. I think I will be taking this with me on my walks now. I usually take a normal water bottle from the fridge and it is always warm by the time I get back. This will be bigger to carry but it will be nice to have ice water the whole way.

The lid is obviously where most of the heat or cold escapes and with both with the coffee and Monster the lid feels slightly hot or cold. The rest of the bottle feels room temperature. It will be interesting to see how the body of it feels when I fill it with ice. Oh and I love how it is truly leak proof. I turned it upside down and shook it and nothing at all leaked out. Sweet!

$16 well spent.
You need to have a face-off between this tumbler and one of your cheap-ass candles.

• Haha
Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Just bought this:

I watch a Youtube channel called Freakin Reviews where he reviews As Seen on TV and other stuff. In his review of this mug it held ice for over 24 hours and kept coffee at 130f after 4 hours. Both a downside and upside is its size. It's 24 oz so it holds a lot but it won't fit under my Keurig. That's ok, I'll just brew the coffee in a measuring cup and pour it in.

The mug I have now was my dads and it's super wide and won't fit in the car. He wanted one that could be microwaved and it was the best option. I looked it up and I got it for him on Amazon in 2014. It's time for an upgrade.

Also it's next day delivery. I think this will be the first thing I bought on Amazon that I get the next day so that's cool.

This is the 2014 one I'm working with now:

A few years ago Mrs Scotch got me a Sharper Image stainless tumbler (before they folded), and while it works as advertised, it wasn't good for me. I want to sip coffee on my commute, but black coffee remains undrinkable for hours with this thing. I ended up bringing it in my laptop bag, and removing the lid when I got to the office. Also, it's way too tall to operate a stick-shift with it in the cupholder.

I ended up getting a 2nd, shorter, more basic tumbler for the ride in. If I filled it half way, it was perfect for the commute.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I filled the tumbler up with ice and water for my walk. It didn't leak at all and held the ice throughout. However, since I am holding it horizontally the whole time and the ice is sloshing around the cap did start to sweat a bit. Not so bad that any actual drops came off it but it was nonetheless an interesting development that doesn't happen when it is vertical. That actual bottle part didn't sweat and wasn't even cold, maybe a little cool. It's easy to walk with thanks to the grip at the top. It will be my new goto water source for my walks now.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just bought this little fella:

For the most part I have no need for a powerbank (although I guess it may be convenient during a hurricane, but I can charge stuff in the car) however I do plan to spend 2 days from open to close in Disney parks and I'll be playing with my phone all day. It certainly doesn't have the highest capacity but it was cheap and is small and lightweight. I've mentioned that I don't like carrying a bag in the parks so this will be living in my pocket. It has good reviews on Amazon and Youtube seems to like it as well.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is a tricky smart move.

Ship crap to a bunch of US addresses, say it's something else and then the sender in China can write a 5 star review and get the "Reviewed in the United States" tag on Amazon.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Just bought this little fella:

For the most part I have no need for a powerbank (although I guess it may be convenient during a hurricane, but I can charge stuff in the car) however I do plan to spend 2 days from open to close in Disney parks and I'll be playing with my phone all day. It certainly doesn't have the highest capacity but it was cheap and is small and lightweight. I've mentioned that I don't like carrying a bag in the parks so this will be living in my pocket. It has good reviews on Amazon and Youtube seems to like it as well.

This is nice to have when your phone gets old, and the battery doesn't hold a good charge anymore.
This is a tricky smart move.

Ship crap to a bunch of US addresses, say it's something else and then the sender in China can write a 5 star review and get the "Reviewed in the United States" tag on Amazon.
I brought this up a while back, that Amazon has been inundated with knockoff-brand crap with fake reviews. I'm surprised there hasn't been a groundswell of consumer groups complaining yet.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I brought this up a while back, that Amazon has been inundated with knockoff-brand crap with fake reviews. I'm surprised there hasn't been a groundswell of consumer groups complaining yet.

I imagine at some point our Amazon overlords will figure out a way to put a stop to such shenanigans.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I don't get it.
They mail you something and then they post their own fake review?
Why bother mailing you anything at all?

I think it's because an item actually has to be delivered to a US address by Amazon for the review to get the "Verified Purchase" and "Reviewed in the United States" tags.

1596041408275.png

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
So they find your info on-line, ship you something without your knowledge, and then without your permission, post a review like you did it?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So they find your info on-line, ship you something without your knowledge, and then without your permission, post a review like you did it?

I don't think they post a review as you. They just say that your address is theirs but then post the review with their own, fake account once the item shows delivered.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Amazon earned $5.2 billion in the second quarter of 2020. Amazon shares closed today at 3,051.88, a gain of 18.35 (+0.60%), and rose after hours to 3,215.00, a gain of 163.12 (5.34%). Jeff Bezos founded Amazon in 1994 in Seattle. Today, Forbes estimates his net worth as $181 billion.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Should I buy this:

I like the one I got a couple weeks ago and this one is more than double the size and with the cupon it's $21.35. I'm thinking it might be good to keep in a drawer as part of my hurricane prep kit.

I really want to get this bad boy:

it's been in my shopping list for over a year now but it's way too expensive for something that I might use once every few years.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The brand is Lanluk, and it has over 3,000 mostly 5 star reviews. You think that's suspicious?

I guess I was thinking out loud and not that clear in my post. I've looked at a ton of these things and that one seems to be the most powerful with the best reviews for the cheapest price. I was just wondering if I really need another one. I guess it couldn't hurt. When the power goes out I have my little fan, Switch, phone, headphones and tablets to charge (I fill both my current and old one up with movies, books and TV in anticipation of being bored with no power for days on end). It would be kinda annoying to charge all of those in the car.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I just don't know if you can rely on the reviews.

Hah yeah, all these "reviewed in the United States" are maybe just chinese people who sent some random Americans a packet of seeds.

Also, it doesn't have a USB-C input. Not a huge fan of that omission.