All Things Amazon

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Looks like you might be

:ban:

j/k, hopefully you are not and I'm not trying to scare you!

That just stupid if Amazon bans users for returning couple of things.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

They are trying to reduce the number of people that abuse the return policy, and people that use returns to defraud Amazon.

JHDK likes this.
  3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

My never ending quest for more flash memory continues.

Got this little number so I can now have 2, 256gb cards for my Switch and a 200gb card for my phone.

Prices are really dropping. Last Black Friday I bought a SanDisk 256gb card on sale for $89. Today, the regular price for the SanDisk is $91. I've read good things about Silicon Power cards and for $22 less I'm more that willing to give them a shot.

There are a ton for fakes on Amazon with insane prices. When you see a 200gb card for only like $10 it's clearly a scam and probably a simple 8gb card with 200 written on it.

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Mrs. Bag and I were discussing Memegirl's new responsibilities. Mrs. Bag said "... another fun part of growing up."

Alexa heard "Alexa fart right now."

So Alexa blurts out "I think you're asking about flatulence. Flatulence also called fart or flatus, is caused by intestinal gas, which is either swallowed with food, or created during digestion. This gas contains methane, which leads to the odor."

5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

HecticArt, memebag and JHDK like this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Are they hiring?

Asking for a friend......

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Only methane doesn't "lead" to any odor. Methane is odorless. Stupid Alexa.

9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I'm going to put this post here because I attempted to buy this on Amazon first but they were sold out so I had to go with eBay. Also I've posted about other emulators here and in general the video games forum is kinda dead.

I just bought this bad boy:

[​IMG]

And it comes like this:

[​IMG]

So I think it will be a fun project to put the thing together and get a bunch of ROMS on it.

It runs games from:

Gameboy
    Gameboy Color
    NES
    Game Gear
    Sega Master System

I like this because it is getting amazing reviews online and it can be put together with nothing but a screwdriver and clipping a few wires into place. I know Raspberry Pi machines are much more powerful but most of them involve drilling out a case and some soldering, 2 things I am sure I would screw up if attempted and those machine are way too expensive to screw up the assembly. This thing was only $40 and with a 16 GB Mico SD card I can probably fit the entire library of all those systems into this one little device. I look forward to putting it together and I love the Gameboy Pocket type form factor.

Now thanks to the non-Prime eBay I just have to wait until August 8th-13th before I can get my hands on the thing. If I remember I'll post pics of me putting it together. If I somehow manage to mess up assembly on something this simple it will probably lead to some funny posts.

Evil_Ernie and scotchandcigar like this.
  10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Looking forward to checking out Jack Ryan on Prime this weekend. Hopefully this will be Amazon's 1st big original series. I've tried multiple times to get into The Man in the High Castle and I just don't like it.

Oh and check this out, it's pretty funny:

HecticArt likes this.
  12. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Did you ever get this and how did the assembly go?

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I did and it was real easy to put together with a glasses screwdriver. For $40 it was a steal! The D-Pad/buttons feel great and the form factor is good for bigger hands, even though the device itself is small. The hard part was making sure there was no dust on the screen before screwing the case in place. The only downside is that there is no headphone jack. I now have full libraries, including NA, JP and PAL versions of every NES, GB, GBC and MS games on the thing. This is third $60 and under retro device I've bought and it has the best screen of them all. I returned one cause it sucked so now I have this to play all those games and another on that solely plays GBA games.

I did take pics of the construction too. Maybe I'll post them later.

Evil_Ernie likes this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

My insatiable thirst for more and more flash memory Micro SD cards continued today with this:

(It says $140 but today you can get one for $99.99)

First time I've seen these on sale for under $100! I had to get one. I'll probably get another when they go on sale the next time.

Evil_Ernie and HecticArt like this.
  15. scotchandcigar

I was reading a bit about Jeff Bezos, and saw that he grew up in Houston, and also appears to be about the same age as our beloved Memebag. Wonder if they ever hung-out together.

16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Nope. I just read on Wikipedia he went to River Oaks Elementary from 4th to 6th grade. River Oaks is the most expensive part of Houston. I was in Sagemont, which is far from the most expensive part of Houston, both geographically and economically.

Here is a house in River Oaks:

[​IMG]

Here is a house in Sagemont:
    [​IMG]

scotchandcigar likes this.
  17. scotchandcigar

This is not exactly the same thing, but I'm looking for a USB flash drive with around 128gb, and compact enough to keep on my keyring. I'd want it to be usb 3.0, and cheap, like $25 - $32.

I can't decide on one, because they all have 1 horrible review for every 4 good. They either fail, or get crazy hot, or fall apart, or have a very slow (or haphazard) transfer rate. I'd usually stick with one of the big names like Sandisk, but people seem to be particularly harsh on those. Then there's the never-heard-of brands with all great reviews, but those are rigged. Any suggestions?

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I usually just go with Sandisk or PNY.
    I try not to keep my only copy of stuff on a thumb drive.

19. scotchandcigar

Being an engineer, everything on the thumb drive is a backup of my laptop hard drives, which is also copied to a networked drive. I've just run out of space on my 32gb drive that has my pictures.

20. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Like Hectic, I use either SanDisk or PNY.

I normally don't go by reviews as there will always be someone that has a complaint about something.

You've probably seen both of these, but just in case:

I think the bottom one will fit your needs as the first one doesn't look like it will fit on a keychain.

scotchandcigar likes this.