All Things Amazon

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There's no way that many people will cancel. I'd be surprised if more than 5% drop.
Some of them were probably considering dropping anyway. I think it's a little incentive for what could have been normal churn.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I've read a lot of stories like this but all of them have been from UK or European factories. This is the first one I've read about that includes US factories.

Peeing in trash cans, constant surveillance, and asthma attacks on the job: Amazon workers tell us their warehouse horror stories

My girlfriend’s son works at an Amazon DC. I should ask him about the peeing in the trash cans.

I would think with all the surveillance, no one would have a chance at peeing in the trash can without getting caught

Reactions: JHDK

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Working in a mail order warehouse has always sucked to some degree. Putting a computer on the front wasn't going to make that better.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I returned that watch on 4.27 and they got it on 5.3. At first I was wondering why they didn't give me the refund right away like they have with everything else I've returned but then I read they only do that for inexpensive items. I then figured I would get the refund before the weekend and why Friday rolled around and nothing was there I asked and they said 2 business days but probably sooner. Now it's Monday and the money still isn't back in my account. I'm just having them put it in my Amazon gift balance so they don't have to deal with any banks slowing the process. I think I'm going to talk to customer service again if it's not refunded by 1:30 because that is the 2 full business days mark.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I returned that watch on 4.27 and they got it on 5.3. At first I was wondering why they didn't give me the refund right away like they have with everything else I've returned but then I read they only do that for inexpensive items. I then figured I would get the refund before the weekend and why Friday rolled around and nothing was there I asked and they said 2 business days but probably sooner. Now it's Monday and the money still isn't back in my account. I'm just having them put it in my Amazon gift balance so they don't have to deal with any banks slowing the process. I think I'm going to talk to customer service again if it's not refunded by 1:30 because that is the 2 full business days mark.
Two business days after the day they receive it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Two business days after the day they receive it.

Yea, they got it on 5.3 at like 1 pm. So 5.3 at 1 to 5.7 at 1 is 2 full business days.

Anyway, I did the chat thing again and they said the refund would be back in my account by 3:30. I think it actually will be this time since the return item screen changed status after the chat.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yea, they got it on 5.3 at like 1 pm. So 5.3 at 1 to 5.7 at 1 is 2 full business days.
I don't think "business days" works like that. They call it "days" because it's an integer number of days, not a fraction of days. The clock started on 5/4.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Careful Koop when returning things to Amazon you may get banned.

I saw an article about that and it spooked me. Some guy who returned around 10% of his items got banned. I recently returned 2 things and then looked over all of 2018 and I have a 4 returns on 36 purchases so that's 11.1%.