All Things Amazon

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Amazon drivers can now deliver packages into your garage. Only if you have a certain model garage opener that can work on your phone.

Yea it may be safe, but I still find it creepy. A stranger opening my garage and dropping something off and closing it. But it can be safer then porch pirates.

Amazon can now leave packages safely in your garage

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Cortez is kinda cute.

bnxb4o4e10r11.jpg

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Amazon offers a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime. The offer may have looked good on paper when it was first proposed but it isn't working out the way Amazon expected.

People are canceling their Amazon Prime membership after browsing Prime Day deals, revealing a flaw in the sales bonanza

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Realogy Holdings, headquartered in Madison, New Jersey, is the parent company of Century 21, Coldwell Banker, ERA Real Estate and Sotheby's International Reality. Now that Realogy is partnered with Amazon, we can buy a house and have it delivered the next day. I just wonder if Amazon has boxes big enough to put a house in.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm going to be flying in the next couple of months. With airlines having having size limits and some charge for a carry-on bags. Which I will not pay extra just for carrying a bag. I been looking for a certain size bag, which I fit either under my seat or in the overhead section.

Thanks to the evil empire of Amazon. I found a sweet deal on a new piece of luggage that can be considered a carry-on or personal item that fits under the seat. The dimensions are 13" x 13" x 9" and works out either for or a 1 or 2 day trip.

It has hidden luggage handle and wheels. Quite a few compartments, which I don't plan on carrying tons of crap with me.

I know the TSA has the What is the 3-1-1 liquids rule? has to fit in a 3.4 oz bottle and I plan to using toothpaste, shampoo and mouthwash. I have seen stores sell small travel items. But could the TSA be jerks and still take them away from me? Would it be easier to buy it before I go or on the road?

I simply don't know and I haven't flown probably close to 20 years.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Typically, you can take 2 bags on with you.
4eae92e90e6476e51ad15c8e929e5e69.jpg

The 21" bag would go in the overhead, and the smaller bag would go under the seat in front of you.
If the plane is overcrowded, the airline can always make you check your bags anyway.

They have these stands at the airport that you can put your bags in to test the size, but that only helps after you bought something.
I like soft sided bags, and ones without wheels. They are lighter, and easier to over-stuff, and aren't as bulky when they aren't fully loaded.
But that's just me.

If you aren't going to be gone for a long time, you can buy the travel size products, or those empty travel size containers to put your own product in.
TSA-Travel-Bottles-2.jpg

It's cheaper in the long run, and you get to use the stuff you use at home.

As long as you read the rules, TSA usually doesn't take your stuff away from you.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
What I read on some airlines websites which I will be using.

Carry-on bags − Travel information − American Airlines

Customers flying Basic Economy are now allowed 1 free carry-on (in addition to a personal item) to all destinations.

Bag Options

Frontier Airlines carry-on baggage fees:

While one personal item per passenger is allowed for free (purse, briefcase)

Frontier charges a fee for all carry-on luggage. Carry on bags must not exceed 10" x 16" x 24" in size and 35 lbs in weight. Bags exceeding this size must be checked at the gate at a cost of $60.

Personal Items: Personal items can be no larger than 14” tall, 18” wide, and 8” long. Personal items must fit completely within the personal item portion of the bag sizer. Think purses, totes, computer bags, briefcases, diaper bags and kids backpacks!

Even though my luggage could be considered a carry-on for Frontier and it doesn't exceed the size limit for personal items. I'm claiming it as personal and fitting it either under my seat or in the over head dept. Plus I read some websites reviews about Frontier and people found a loophole in the system. That they used a small luggage as a personal item.

For the TSA I have heard some stories that they like to claim some personal items from people like electronics. I was either going to take my MacBook or iPad on to the plane, which should fit in that luggage I ordered. I'll probably take the chance and bring couple of liquid items like toothpaste, shampoo and mouthwash and use the bar of soap usually found in the hotel rooms.

I'm looking forward towards my trips. Depends on how next year goes maybe I'll travel to more areas. Thanks Hectic for your help!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
We were flying to the Caribbean (Bermuda or Turks & Caicos) with a stop in Charleston (or Philly, or Charlottesville). I went through security, showed my passport, and put it in the zipped outside pocket of my smaller carry-on suitcase. We were one of the last to board, and they had no more room for my carry-on, so they grabbed it to put with the checked luggage. We took off, did the 1 stop, but I couldn't get back on the plane because they wanted to see my ID again. For about an hour, I gazed out the terminal window, while they transferred cart after cart of baggage from one plane to another. Someone went out there and told the handlers that they needed to locate my bag. They got it, and got me on the plane right before they closed the plane for takeoff. If they hadn't found it in time, my bag would've gone to the Caribbean without me.

Also, a friend of mine got a full-sized suitcase online, that was advertised as being within the limits to avoid the oversized luggage surcharge. When he filled it up, it was 2" too large. He called customer service, but they didn't believe him. He had to take pictures and (for some reason) have his daughter get into the suitcase with a tape measure, before they'd agree to refund him.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I haven't seen anyone get their electronics confiscated. I usually travel with a laptop, iPad, and expensive camera & lenses. That stuff always goes in my carry-on luggage.

The only time that I had a hint of a question was when I had a small monopod in the bag.
It's a lot like this one.
Monopod_NTM126A-420x420.jpg

It didn't dawn on me that when it went through the x-ray machine,
it looks a little like a stick of dynamite........

I heard the TSA person running the machine say "Ummmmmm....... Hey!" to a coworker. Then it hit me.
So I spoke up and asked if they were looking at a camera bag, and told them what it was.
They relaxed a bit, but still opened the bag to check it out. That goes in the checked luggage now.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've come to think of Amazon as this unstoppable juggernaut, that just keeps getting bigger and bigger, while becoming more and more the standard for purchases. Well I'm starting to feel otherwise. We've all heard about fake reviews and all, but I'm finding that the entire Amazon experience is often so bad, it's useless.

Example: I'm looking for a screen protector for my cell phone. Here is the first recommended thing that comes up.

There are many things wrong with this listing. Here's a snippet of the product's Q & A and review sections.
1565883978990.png

The questions are for completely different products, like a shoulder bag, or a kid's superhero costume. Just check out the customer images!

Then you have the fake reviews. I grabbed just a few of the 5-star reviews, all dated July 28, all from AmazonCustomer. After that, I grabbed a few real reviews. They're not very positive. Oh, and there are reviews for coffee and other completely unrelated things in there too.

WTF is going on? I'm not going to buy anything if I have to wade through this crap. And the site is flooded with no-name knockoff stuff, probably from Korea, or Philippines etc. Look at this list of brands
1565884418428.png

Real household names, eh?

Are you guys encountering this? It drives me to places like Best Buy, where at least I know everything is real.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Part 2 of my Amazon rant. This isn't specifically Amazon's fault, but nonetheless, whenever I'm on their site, I have to wade through questions and comments from very stupid people. It makes me sad for humanity.

I just ordered a new lighter. They don't ship with butane, and it's clearly stated, yet people are stupid. The first review below is part of a very long review, with pictures. I just included the part about the butane. Why he still posted a lengthy review (or didn't already have butane) is beyond me.

1565965838269.png