All Things Amazon

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Because Amazon's digital assistant Alexa is viewed as somewhat of a servant, people of all ages are now teasing – and giving commands to – almost anyone named Alexa. I think this is childish and mean-spirited – and my friends Siri and HAL 9000 agree with me.

Kids and adults named Alexa are being teased and bullied mercilessly
and Amazon won't even acknowledge their cries for help, parents say

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Our nation's obesity epidemic is caused in large part by people's lack of physical activity. Many people no longer go shopping; they buy things online and they have groceries delivered. Many people no longer go out to eat; they have restaurant food delivered. Many people no longer go to movies; they stream films at home. Soon they won't even have to get out of their car to pay for gasoline. What next?

Perhaps this only works with self driving cars and self filling nozzles? Or maybe this is just another version of the fob I have for one gas company where I just touch it to the pump and it knows who to bill. I still have to pump the gas. But if my car had Alexa perhaps I can ask her to do that transaction so I just have to get out and pump. Save me from grabbing my keys and raising them with my arm to the pump. And opening the gas cap too I suppose.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Because Amazon's digital assistant Alexa is viewed as somewhat of a servant, people of all ages are now teasing – and giving commands to – almost anyone named Alexa. I think this is childish and mean-spirited – and my friends Siri and HAL 9000 agree with me.

Kids and adults named Alexa are being teased and bullied mercilessly
and Amazon won't even acknowledge their cries for help, parents say

That joke would get old real quick. Not sure why this would be a continuing issue. People need to toughen up. People keep naming their kid Dick and they don't complain.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So this is the talk of the town amongst us middle-agers. It's called Tushy, it's a bidet retrofit for your toilet. Friends of ours were raving about it, so I ordered one from Amazon.

It's marketed in a very (ahem) cheeky manner. Here's the box it came in.
20200228_212042_resized.jpg
I especially like the "step 1 step 2 step 3" thing. It reminds me of Dick in a Box: Step 1 - cut a hole in a box; Step 2 - put your junk in the box; Step 3 - have her open the box.

Anyway, installation was a bit of a pain in the ass (ha!), but it's ready to go. Here's a stock photo
41eSnp70QNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
It seems to be working, but I'll probably have to try it in the morning. I'll be sure to post an update.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Zs5xHUX.gif

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
For all the shit Amazon get about their warehouse working conditions, they could use this good PR:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Now that's a fire!
There's nothing left. The tilt up concrete walls are swinging free and are a stiff breeze away from falling over.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just think about all the useless crap that went up in flames. Oh the humanity.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just bought this:

I watch a Youtube channel called Freakin Reviews where he reviews As Seen on TV and other stuff. In his review of this mug it held ice for over 24 hours and kept coffee at 130f after 4 hours. Both a downside and upside is its size. It's 24 oz so it holds a lot but it won't fit under my Keurig. That's ok, I'll just brew the coffee in a measuring cup and pour it in.

The mug I have now was my dads and it's super wide and won't fit in the car. He wanted one that could be microwaved and it was the best option. I looked it up and I got it for him on Amazon in 2014. It's time for an upgrade.

Also it's next day delivery. I think this will be the first thing I bought on Amazon that I get the next day so that's cool.

This is the 2014 one I'm working with now:

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar