All Things Amazon

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I like the one I got a couple weeks ago and this one is more than double the size and with the cupon it's $21.35.

I think a backup battery is a good idea, I just don't know if you can rely on the reviews. Perhaps it's fine, who knows?

This thing I was talking about last week dropped down to $16.61 so for that price it's fine it doesn't have a type-c to type-c port. I bought it. I'll play with it a bit when it arrives but then it will permanently live in my hurricane drawer and hopefully one day down the line I'll be happy I made the purchase.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This popped up today when I went to Amazon:

Now the music and video is still shared with the ex (I'm working on her being the ex, ex sometime hopefully soon) but even still I think that more than justifies the $120 price/year. I have to reup around 10.14 or so.

Reactions: goreds2

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just bought this:

I watch a Youtube channel called Freakin Reviews where he reviews As Seen on TV and other stuff. In his review of this mug it held ice for over 24 hours and kept coffee at 130f after 4 hours. Both a downside and upside is its size. It's 24 oz so it holds a lot but it won't fit under my Keurig. That's ok, I'll just brew the coffee in a measuring cup and pour it in.

The mug I have now was my dads and it's super wide and won't fit in the car. He wanted one that could be microwaved and it was the best option. I looked it up and I got it for him on Amazon in 2014. It's time for an upgrade.

Also it's next day delivery. I think this will be the first thing I bought on Amazon that I get the next day so that's cool.

This is the 2014 one I'm working with now:

Contigo update time. I now have 3 of them. The OG one I bought:

And then two of these:

One in black and one in blue. They are great. I carry the bigger one around with me on my walks and a couple days ago I dropped it square on its lid on the pavement. It was not a soft drop. The plastic lid got a bit scuffed but it didn't break or leak and still works fine.

I carry one of the smaller ones around with me on my Disney days and by now I'm used to just having it in my hand all day. It's also nice to have hot coffee during the whole 3 hour trip up there.

They make good gifts. So far I've given two out as gifts for various occasions.

If you put coffee in it, the inside will eventually smell like coffee no matter how good you clean it.
I never put cold drinks in it, but I'd get another one for cold stuff if I did.

This was a good call. The blue one I have is just for water and the other is for coffee. The big one is for everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Mine are in the stainless finish. The clear coat on the bottom is chipped a little bit. It makes me think that the ones with colored finishes may chip too.

Out of all of my travel mugs, these are about the best at keeping coffee warm enough to drink all day, and the easiest to clean that I've found so far.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The clear coat on the bottom is chipped a little bit.

The paint has chipped off the bottom of all mine too. Especially the blue one cause I'll put that one down on the rockwork while waiting in lines for various rides.

There are also a few small dents and dings in them but that doesn't bother me at all. So long as they don't leak and the vacuum seal stays intact to keep everything hot or cold I'm happy.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Anyone checking out Prime day sales?

As I've talked about before I'm all about power banks and this one is tempting:

Also Micro SD cards are my jam but they don't have amazing deals for them like they have in past years.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This whole COVID season has pretty much already been dedicated to Prime.

Yeah, what he said. In the three months ending September 30, Amazon's profit was $6.3 billion, a 197% increase over the third quarter of 2019. Time to give Jeff Bezos another raise!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Jeff Bezos founded Amazon in 1994 in Bellevue, Washington. Amazon initially sold only books and now also sells clothing, toys, games, electronics, music, movies, jewelry, sporting goods, musical instruments, tools, groceries.....and, as of today, prescription drugs.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I went to Best Buy a couple weeks ago for some wire and noticed they were selling Echo Dot for like $17 so I picked one up. It's the hockey puck one. They recently introduced a new generation of them so I guess that's why this one was so cheap. It fun having Amazon listen to everything I say. Really though I don't care if they are listening. If they are it's just so they can better sell me more stuff.

move the lamp farther away from the screen so you don't have that hot spot drawing your eye away from the screen.

This made a lot of sense to me. However I like having a lamp on either side of the screen and don't have room to move it. So to go along with my Echo, I got a few of those light bulbs that connect to it. Now what I do is turn the lights down and/or change the color. Right now I have them set at soft blue and it fits well with the Antarctic movie I'm watching.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
My heart truly goes out to poor Mr. Bezos. This must be a difficult day for him.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
In other personal Amazon news...it's shocking how cheap true wireless earbuds have become. They are almost as cheap as the Sonys I used to buy all the time and the sound is just as good. I lost one of my old ones and got a new pair delivered today for $24 (there was a $2 off coupon when I bought them). They sound good enough to me (I know they're not Bose or anything near that) and they get much louder than my old ones which is nice. They also have the highest water resistance offered in electronics (IPX8) so that will also be nice when it rains on one of my walks. On top of all that, they are smaller and appear to fit better with the largest nubs attached, but I have to take them on a few walks before I'll know that for sure.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My heart truly goes out to poor Mr. Bezos. This must be a difficult day for him.
And he would have been twice as rich if his wife hadn’t caught him sending pics of his dong to his mistress.

The best part is that she’s giving truckloads of his money to charities.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Along with my laptop purchase, I'll be needing to transfer all my pictures, videos, mp3s, and documents. Plus it's nice to have a backup that can handle all of it on one device. So I got this

1610124195423.png

I actually bought it from Best Buy (not Amazon). They had one for $30, but this was $50. Aside from this being more durable, it's very high speed. A lot of reviews for the cheaper one said it was painfully slow. But still, it's amazing to get a small, fast, and durable flash drive that holds 256gb (actually 230gb - to the chagrin of many stupid purchasers) for $50.