All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

I have been working a month of 6 day work weeks and extended daily hours. Great for my pocketbook but not so great for my Monday Disney trips. I missed the opening of the new Skyliner. I'm really looking forward to riding it and I am not at all joking when I say I'd be happy to be stuck on the thing for 2 hours if it meant I got to get off it in midair using a firetruck ladder.

It's so Disney to claim there was no crash. We all know nothing can ever go wrong in the most magical place on Earth. Hah!

Also cool that they all have emergency kits with water and stuff. That's good thinking.

1570346213420.png

1570346154512.png

1570346109165.png

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Karen Pendleton was paralyzed in a 1983 automobile accident and spent much of the rest of her life in a wheelchair. Other than appearing on a 25th-anniversary Mouseketeers reunion for a Disney tv special in 1980, she did no acting after The Mickey Mouse Club went off the air. I would not consider her a "celebrity." She was well-known to Disney fans, though, which is why I posted the story here. Thank you for your interest.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Back at Epcot. First time at Disney since Sept 9th. My pass expires next week so I renewed it for $315. Well worth the price. I'm in line for test track right now and then will hit spaceship earth. I may head to another park after that but we'll see how that goes. So far another fun day at Disney.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Walt Disney Company plans to erect a 12-story, 350-unit timeshare project adjacent to the Disneyland Hotel. Unfortunately for the majority of Disney fans, anyone whose salary isn't equal to that of Disney CEO Bob Iger will probably never be able to afford to stay there

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
When Darth Vader exhorted, "Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed," he must have been warning the Disney imagineers about Star Wars: Rise Of The Resistance. I hope JHDK didn't get stuck on the ride.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The Walt Disney Company plans to erect a 12-story, 350-unit timeshare project adjacent to the Disneyland Hotel. Unfortunately for the majority of Disney fans, anyone whose salary isn't equal to that of Disney CEO Bob Iger will probably never be able to afford to stay there

When I was a kid my parents had a Disney Vacation Club membership. It's a points based timeshare for Disney World, although they don't like calling it that.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Haven't been to Disney in a criminally long 9 weeks!

(It may have been pointed out to me that going to Disney 17 times a year is a tad excessive.)

Anyway, that horrible long streak dies today! I'm heading up to see my aunts cause the one is going to Ireland for a month this week and if I'm already in Melbourne it's a quick hour drive hop over to the parks. I'd like to check out the new Star Wars ride that just opened but I don't want to battle those crowds so I'll probably just do EPCOT or Magic Kingdom. Now's a good time for crowds because it's before people come for Christmas and after everyone has gone home from Thanksgiving.

Good times.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Have fun.
Still haven’t taken the GF?
Wound up not going. After dinner with the fam I was ready to head back home and keep working on the tree.

No, I haven't taken her yet. She's interested to go but nowhere near the Disney freak I am.