All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Guys, I really need to get back to Disney.

There must be more than this provincial life...yeah, that's me at Disney. Staring at the Castle makes me happy. Also the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover and the Carousel of Progress and Splash Mountain make me feel like everything about life doesn't suck. At least for a couple minutes. It's worth the 3.5 hour drive to get that feeling.

1586757495122.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I guess this thought is about movies which is the opposite of the thread title but I don't care.

Let's list off best Disney Princesses. I dig then new ones who have no prince around and go on some journey on their own.

But I also dig the old 80's and 90's ones.

So...

#1 Belle. That's maybe my all time favorite movie or at worst in my top 5. She's as cool as Batman and that is really hard to do.
#2 Nala from The Lion King.
#3 Moana cause the songs in that are awesome.
#4 Ariel. She's great and I'd like to walk on land someday too.

I guess I only have a top 4. If I think of a 5th I'll edit this or post again.

Oh and this fat Hawaiian guy sings about rainbows and has a beautiful voice. He makes think of Disney and he sounds nice. Wish upon a star.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
#1 Belle. That's maybe my all time favorite movie or at worst in my top 5. She's as cool as Batman and that is really hard to do.
#2 Nala from The Lion King.
#3 Moana cause the songs in that are awesome.
#4 Ariel. She's great and I'd like to walk on land someday too.
This is another one of those generational indicators, as even my kids were too old for some of these.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is another one of those generational indicators, as even my kids were too old for some of these.
Well Moana is clearly after my time but I appreciate that it's awesome and it has Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords as a giant flamboyant crab bad guy who sings one of the songs.

The others were all in my wheelhouse. We had those giant white VHS boxes with the tapes of them.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

I like how she stands up for the average Disney worker. She does it all the time. When Walt died pretty early on in the process, her grandfather Roy oversaw Disney World getting built.

If I could marry Abigail I would 100% do the progressive thing and change my last name.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good for her. These insanely rich people can do a lot to help protect their own investments by spending some money to support their employees.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Disney's proposed "Secure Circuit" protocol has been leaked, presumably by a Disney employee. Some highlights: The Disney theme parks will reopen with limits on the number of guests. At the entrance, security personnel will perform health checks and take everyone's temperature. Visitors will be required to sign a form absolving Disney of any liability for potential exposure to the coronavirus. There will be no parades, no live shows, no theater shows and no fireworks and the monorail will remain closed. Maybe Professor Ludwig Von Drake can come up with a better idea.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
the monorail will remain closed.
Fun facts about the Disney Monorails. They were made by a Canadian company named Bombardier and have been running for a long time. At Disney World they use the Mark VI version. Disneyland uses the Mark VII. Since Disneyland is so much smaller their monorail system is more of a ride in and of itself.

The ones in WDW break down on a relatively often basis and it sucks. Riding the monorail is fun.

Disneyland Mark VII:
1587673465882.png

WDW Mark VI:
1587673507535.png

Now Bombardier has a new Mark VIII monorail. There have been plenty of rumors about Disney placing orders for them but they started in 2018 so who knows? They are expensive so they may not be a priority. It would be cool if they got at least one new car for the 50th anniversary of WDW in 2021. They could put it right in front of the Magic Kingdom all covered up and have a big reveal.

Monorails are cool.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Disney Imagineer Bob Gurr designed the Monorail vehicles. And the Matterhorn bobsleds. And the Autopia cars. And the Haunted Mansion "doom buggies." Gurr, 88, published his memoir last year. On his website he talks about the 1959 grand opening of the Disneyland Monorail and the "kidnapping" of Richard Nixon.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm gonna talk movies again, sorry. Beauty and the Beast is top 5 all time movies for me. And Jurassic Park. A good modern one is Moana. I like how she's an empowered princess.

Oh and Lion King and Little Mermaid. Magic Kingdom has a cool Little Mermaid ride. Dude, it's magic and it has a castle...how can anything get better than that?

Did you guys have those big white VHS boxes for those movies? Those things had cool artwork on them.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My son wore out the VHS copy of Lion King at my mother-in-laws. He would watch it over and over and over. Now he can't stand it. Too much of a good thing I guess.

• Wow

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
My son wore out the VHS copy of Lion King at my mother-in-laws. He would watch it over and over and over. Now he can't stand it. Too much of a good thing I guess.
everybody look left, everybody look right, no matter where you look i'm standing in the spotlight.

Nala is a fox.

Oh I just can't wait to be king. Free to run around all day.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Did you guys have those big white VHS boxes for those movies? Those things had cool artwork on them.
I have the original VHS of The Little Mermaid. I also have one of the original movie posters. By "original," I mean the image of the castle with one spire that is actually a glistening gold penis. Disney executives approved the artwork. They obviously didn't look at it very closely. The artist, Ron Dias, put the phallus in as a joke. After he got fired, he probably no longer thought it was funny. If you have the original VHS and/or the original movie poster, don't get rid of them! They're valuable!

1588660464826.png