All Things Disney - Except Movies

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Teri and I enjoyed five week-long stays at Walt Disney World. We were planning a longer trip for our 25th anniversary but she wound up dying of congestive heart failure in April after suffering a mild stroke followed by a seizure. I was unaware of WDW Magazine. Why didn't anybody tell me? Today I learned about it via a Facebook ad and I immediately subscribed. Oh boy!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Because I'm not a weirdo European I didn't know a 5k is only 3.1 miles. I would have guessed it was like 4 something.

I've only been jogging a week and I'm pretty sure I could already jog for 2 out of 3 miles. I'm certain that's good enough to not come in last...I've seen some of people who do these 5k's.

I think it would be fun to do one of the Disney 5k's when they come back. Lots of times the path goes through the back of epcot and it would be cool to see parts you can't see from a normal day in the park.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
:hatsoff: to you. I rarely make it to an actual jog on the treadmill.
I walk really fast, and usually get in close to 3 miles, but I'm sure my lungs would bleed if I jogged for a whole mile.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
:hatsoff: to you. I rarely make it to an actual jog on the treadmill.
I walk really fast, and usually get in close to 3 miles, but I'm sure my lungs would bleed if I jogged for a whole mile.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jogging full miles yet. But I am doing multiple 0.3 miles jogs during my 6 mile walk. I jog for about half of each mile. When I was just walking my mile times were around the 18 minute mark. Now that I'm jogging a bit they have dropped to between 13-16 minutes.