All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Magic Kingdom trip today. It was very cold by FL standards, in the high 30's and low 40's. I did Splash Mountain twice cause there was no line. Did a few other rides then drove about an hour southwest to see my aunt and uncle in Melbourne. I figure since I'm in Disney so much I should start visiting them more. Beside my dad I have my aunt and uncle and another aunt and that's really it of the ones I have a relationship with...and all three of them live in Melbourne FL. We had a nice dinner and now I'm back in Boca. All told I drove 440 miles today.

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm about to embark on my most spur of the moment Disney trip yet. Usually I plan the night before and wake up early. I wasn't feeling it last night so I figured I'd skip this week but now I'm in a Disney mood and going to head over. I plan to do EPCOT. I'll do Spaceship Earth, Figment and maybe something else and then head right home. So 6 hours of driving for about 30 mins of rides. Totally worth it!

Reactions: Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That was a fun trip. It's nice to go to Disney and drive home not worrying about careening off the side of the road cause I'm so tired from waking up at 4 am.

I spent about 90 mins in EPCOT. I did the two rides I said, Spaceship Earth and Figment and I added on a ride on The Land boat tour and I went and saw my manatee. Only one manatee this time, not sure where the other one was. I only stared at it for like 5 mins this time and that was not long enough for the attendant to mention why the other one was missing. I guess I'll find out next time.

Overall another fun day in Disney. Man I love that place.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
They do a fake Mardi Gras at Universal.

I'd love to experience the real thing. That's one of the only parades I think I could get into. And the Mummers...Philly pride!

But really, generally speaking I think parades are a waste of time. I don't even like the Disney parades. I grew up with the Mummers so they are cool, and New Orleans seems like a magical city of Jazz and food, but besides that, no dice.

Reactions: Aaron

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Yesterday, Bob Iger's potential bonus pay for 2019 was reduced by $13.5 million -- and now this. Poor, poor Bob! And I have no idea why the link to the Bloomberg story asks "Are you a robot?" Very strange.

Apple's video plans put Disney chief's board seat at risk
Disney CEO Bob Iger has been an Apple director since 2011. Both companies are building video streaming services.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Disneyland and Walt Disney World raised admission prices and parking fees twice in 2018. We're now in the tenth week of 2019 and no new price hikes have been announced. I'm guessing that with the opening of Star Wars land, another round of price hikes is soon forthcoming. The greedy Siths killed each other -- but they could never match the greed of the Walt Disney Company!

Disney's Star Wars lands announce opening dates

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/disney-star-wars-galaxys-edge-preview/index.html

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Reactions: Channel98

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
As a stressful week 1 of #RetirementLife draws to a close what better way for me to celebrate than by doing what I do best...Run away from my problems for a day and go wander around Disney World!

I'd like to do a rope drop to fireworks (that's what us Disney maniacs call open to close) day but I doubt I'll have the energy. At least I'm up early enough to make it there for rope drop. Today is the day I finally get on Peter Pan. It's open again and I plan to go straight to it when the park opens cause Fastpasses are hard to get for that ride any there is usually a 30-50 min grace period at opening when all the rides have very short lines.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Back where i belong in the magic kingdom. Late trip today, spent the morning and lunch with my aunt and uncle, they stopped by to see the old man, then i decided to make the most of my monday and head here. I may stay for fireworks since i got here late, at like 530. I'm writing this to kill time till my splash mountain fastpass kicks in at 705. Think ill be off to epcot after that to chill with my manatees and figment.