All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So what do the blackouts do to your return on investment/payoff of your membership?
I've paid that thing well off by now and the trips I take btw/August and October when the pass ends will all be icing.

It cost $320 with the FL resident discount.

The cheapest park pass right now is $109. I think that's 1 day, 1 park and I'm not sure about FL resident discounts with daily passes. Full 1 day parking also costs $25 and that's included with the annual pass. I can only go 1 day at a time on Mondays so I would never benefit from the tickets that get cheaper the longer you stay.

I've been to Disney World 14 times since I bought the pass on 10.26.18. Of the 14 times, 6 of them I have gone to only one park per day, the other 8 I did 2 or more parks per day. Park hopping is likely well over the $109 ticket price.

To make it easy let's underestimate and say a pass, any pass, is $100. That means I've spent $1400 on parks alone. Add in parking and that's another $350 - so parking alone would be more than the annual pass price at this point.

So I've used the $320 pass for $1750 worth of Disney so far. A savings of $1430.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I like to keep track of what I do when I go. Here is the list I jot down on my phone as I go from ride to ride. You'll see I clearly have favorites.

Bought Pass 10.26.18

EPCOT

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Mission: Space
World Showcase walking lap

Animal Kingdom

Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safari
Expedition Everest x3
Nature Walking Trail

EPCOT

Figment
The Land
Soarin’

Magic Kingdom

Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peoplemover
7 Dwarfs Mine Train
Haunted Mansion

Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Hollywood Studios

Rockin’ Roller Coaster x2
Star Tours

EPCOT

Soarin’
Figment
Nemo
Manatee Aquarium

Animal Kingdom

Dinosaur
Expedition Everest

Magic Kingdom

Winnie The Pooh
Carousel of Progress
Splash Mountain

EPCOT

Spaceship Earth
Manatee Aquarium

Test Track

American Adventure
World Showcase walking lap
Figment

Magic Kingdom

Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress

EPCOT

Spaceship Earth
Soarin’
The Land

Magic Kingdom

Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
People Mover
Carousel of Progress

Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur
Everest
Na’vi River Journey

Magic Kingdom

Jungle Cruise
Splash Mountain
Country Bear Jamboree
Carousel of Progress
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain

EPCOT

Figment
The Land
Manatees
Spaceship Earth

3.18 (1st Week of #RetirementLife)

Magic Kingdom

Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
It’s a Small World
Peoplemover
Carousel of Progress
Pirates of the Caribbean

Hollywood Studios

Walked Around - No Rides

EPCOT

Spaceship Earth

Magic Kingdom

Carousel of Progress
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain

EPCOT

Spaceship Earth
Illuminations

Magic Kingdom

Carousel of Progress
Flag Retreat Ceremony
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Square Riverboat
Splash Mountain

Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur
Everest x4

Hollywood Studios

Rockin’ Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Tower of Terror

EPCOT

Figment
Spaceship Earth x2
The Land
The Seas with Nemo
Manatees
Frozen
Gran Fiesta

Magic Kingdom

Peoplemover
Carousel of Progress
Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean

EPCOT

Figment
Spaceship Earth
Test Track

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm sure you've explained it. Sorry, I do read all your posts. The Disney parks are great.

But the reason you can't go for a while... Job situation, Dad situation, or Disney Pass situation?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm sure you've explained it. Sorry, I do read all your posts. The Disney parks are great.

But the reason you can't go for a while... Job situation, Dad situation, or Disney Pass situation?
It's a mix of all of those.

I don't feel right leaving my dad alone for more than 1 night, two max at a time and I try to do neither of those. In my 12 weeks or so of #RetirementLife I've only spent 3 nights at my place and felt guilty each time.

The pass I bought is called the "Weekday Select". As the name says, it's only good Mon-Fri. It's the second cheapest they offer. BTW/the cheapest is trash...it's only EPCOT and only after 4pm. My weekends are Sunday and Monday so that leaves only the one day I can go. I could have gotten the more expensive pass but I hate adding payment plans to my life if I can avoid them and I had the cash to buy the one I have up front. I could add to it but at this point it's not worth it. If the old man dies I'll likely run away to Disney for a few days to drown my sorrow and up my pass at that point, but until then I'm happy with what I have.

So with the pass I have I can make day trips to Disney on my day off, not feel guilty about being a bad son and not spend too much in the process. It's worked out well so far.

Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Isn't the cheapest Epcot plan meant for those who mostly want to dine in the World Showcase? That's my favorite place too... Love visiting those countries.

Sounds like your plan works well for you.

Looks like highs are mostly in the mid-90's for the next few months, not a bad time to skip going for a while lol.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I had a strange dream last night. Walt Disney had returned to life and was walking through the two Anaheim theme parks, all the while muttering, "Who the heck is this guy with the bullwhip? Who the heck are these guys in the white armor? What the heck is this weird character that looks like a tree? What happened to Mickey and Minnie and Donald and Goofy? And why are we now serving alcohol?"

With Star Wars expansion open, Disney gets permits to launch Marvel land at California Adventure park

With Star Wars expansion open, Disney gets permits to launch Marvel land

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm Disney jonesing.

I need a Carousel of Progress, Splash Mountain or Spaceship Earth. Those things make me happy.

4 more weeks and the awful blackout ends...also NFL season will be close at hand. All the things I love.

It's a great big beautiful tomorrow MF'ers.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I wish this was the case at Disney World.

Hopefully when Star Wars Land opens in late August it will relieve some of the crowds in other parts of the World.

When I was in Toy Story Land a few months ago it was still packed...like annoyingly packed so I left...and it's been open for at least over a year by now.

From what I gather Disneyland is more of a local park so the blackout I'm powering through right now (like a true hero) has way more of an impact over there. Makes sense too. If I live in like Germany or somewhere really far away and decide to take a trip to Disney, I'm going to Disney World. It's so much bigger with so much more to do it's more of an all-inclusive vacation spot.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I wish this was the case at Disney World.

View attachment 5436

View attachment 5437

View attachment 5438

Hopefully when Star Wars Land opens in late August it will relieve some of the crowds in other parts of the World.

When I was in Toy Story Land a few months ago it was still packed...like annoyingly packed so I left...and it's been open for at least over a year by now.

From what I gather Disneyland is more of a local park so the blackout I'm powering through right now (like a true hero) has way more of an impact over there. Makes sense too. If I live in like Germany or somewhere really far away and decide to take a trip to Disney, I'm going to Disney World. It's so much bigger with so much more to do it's more of an all-inclusive vacation spot.
People are still going there, they're just all stuck on the 405.

Reactions: JHDK