All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I got a kick out of this article:

Worst Person Wednesdays: Disney Adults

These blurbs made me laugh:

Sure it’s a magical place and all, but how many times can we let a grown man ride shotgun on Splash Mountain solo before we’re all saying “we should’ve known” one day down the line? The red flags are there, but no one wants to raise them.

At the end of the day, who am I to judge. If you wanna watch Frozen and get low to Radio Disney all day then you’ve come to the right country. All I’m saying is to try leaving it out of the ‘About Me’ section before catching a pre-criminal activity charge.

Reactions: Aaron

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Russi Taylor, who understandably did not want to use her real first name Russell, also voiced characters in Babe, DuckTales, Muppet Babies, Sofia The First, The Simpsons, six Strawberry Shortcake tv specials and many other films and animated series. From 1991 until his death in 2009, she was married to Wayne Allwine, the voice of Mickey Mouse.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This makes me happy:

I watch it a lot. Jasmine's voice actress calls a guy up from stage to sing with her. Really cool to see an audience member have chops. I watch it enough that I looked it up and the guy did perform as an actor in the past so it's kinda not as great but still cool.

I think I'll start posting all the crazy Disney singalongs I get down with.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
JHDK, here is a video I'm sure you will enjoy. In 2014, Dallas Baptist University student Brian Hull, 22, entered a contest to win a Disney gift card. This was his entry:

Reactions: JHDK

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
British singer Georgia Merry, 24, has been performing since she was six and has her own YouTube channel. She created an amazing video of herself impersonating, and singing, as 16 different Disney princesses – one at a time, of course – and for the finale, all 16 princesses sing together. Here is the video (which obviously drew inspiration from the opening and closing credits of The Brady Bunch):

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
British singer Georgia Merry, 24, has been performing since she was six and has her own YouTube channel. She created an amazing video of herself impersonating, and singing, as 16 different Disney princesses – one at a time, of course – and for the finale, all 16 princesses sing together. Here is the video (which obviously drew inspiration from the opening and closing credits of The Brady Bunch):

Funny, this is exactly the kind of stuff people share on Facebook, followed by :D and OMG!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
If that is your response, then I'm not going to share any cute cat videos with you. Hah! Take that! I will, however, share another Disney video. Vell, a 26-year-old, Tokyo-born singer and dancer, uses wigs and face paint to turn herself into 25 different Disney characters – one at a time, of course – and sings Let It Go. Vell, same as Georgia Merry, has her own YouTube channel.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I just watched this all the way through:

Man I'm jonesing. 7 more days. It's been way too long.

One more work week. Eagles on Thursday and Disney that Monday. It's finally back.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
28 hours until I wake up to start my drive. I normally enjoy the drive there. This time will be even better.

BTW/This is the start of week 22 of #RetirementLife. During the blackout I just couldn't take nonstop #RL and I've been spending some time at my place. I would stay at my dad's a little over half the week. Now that I have no other distractions and I can go back to Disney every Monday, I'll be back to 100% with the old man.

Reactions: HecticArt

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
28 hours until I wake up to start my drive. I normally enjoy the drive there. This time will be even better.

BTW/This is the start of week 22 of #RetirementLife. During the blackout I just couldn't take nonstop #RL and I've been spending some time at my place. I would stay at my dad's a little over half the week. Now that I have no other distractions and I can go back to Disney every Monday, I'll be back to 100% with the old man.
I guess you can say there's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

• Love

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just about to head out. Fell asleep around 12 and woke up without my alarms at 4. Off to the Magic Kingdom to start, I have a FastPass for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. It will be only the second time I've done that ride, the first being last November. After that I have have a few more MK FastPasses but I like to wander around to different parks on a whim so we'll see what happens. I'll likely be checking in here throughout the day because I like doing that and it's a great way to kill time in lines.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Perfect timing. Got a wawa breakfast burrito one I got to the Disney area (1st food in 13 hrs) then came to the park. Got here 15 mins before rope drop. Maybe ill have time to hit Peter Pan before the mine train.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
vySniK.gif

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Got a lot done in MK and I'm now at Epcot. Holy balls is it hot out here. This is the first time I've been to Disney in the summer since 2014 and i guess I forgot hot humid it is. It's worse than Boca cause there is no ocean breeze. But whatever, that's not going to stop me from making the most of this day. I have big plans for the rest of my time here. Plus with rhis crazy heat I'll hopefully sweat out a few pounds.

What is that from?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
My wife and I have been to Walt Disney World five times. We love the Seven Dwarfs mine train ride – Their faces! They look real! – but we wish it had been completely enclosed like Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad and other "dark ride" attractions. The mine interior is beautiful but as soon as we exit the mine and see all the surrounding attractions of Fantasyland (and the crowds), the illusion is shattered. Does anyone agree? Or am I just being grumpy?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Got a lot done in MK and I'm now at Epcot. Holy balls is it hot out here. This is the first time I've been to Disney in the summer since 2014 and i guess I forgot hot humid it is. It's worse than Boca cause there is no ocean breeze. But whatever, that's not going to stop me from making the most of this day. I have big plans for the rest of my time here. Plus with rhis crazy heat I'll hopefully sweat out a few pounds.

What is that from?
It's from Tropic Thunder.

Your comment about hitting Peter Pan reminded me of Les Grossman asking for someone to hit the director in the face.

The audio is off, but you get the point.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Disneyland and Walt Disney World raise admission prices every year, sometimes twice in a year. For millions of families, the parks are no longer affordable. For the next four months, Disney World is offering discounted admission to guests arriving after noon: $88 plus tax. Wooh, what a bargain! JHDK will now be able to afford to go to Disney World and buy a churro!