All Things Disney - Except Movies

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
One of my mostest favoritest Disney sites is Yesterland, which features all the Disney theme park attractions and shops that no longer exist, from Casa De Fritos, The Tobacco Shop and The Wizard Of Bras to the Skyway, the Motor Boat Cruise and Adventures Thru Inner Space. There are hundreds of old photos and stories about all the parks.

And, of course.......

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
One of my mostest favoritest Disney sites is Yesterland, which features all the Disney theme park attractions and shops that no longer exist, from Casa De Fritos, The Tobacco Shop and The Wizard Of Bras to the Skyway, the Motor Boat Cruise and Adventures Thru Inner Space. There are hundreds of old photos and stories about all the parks.

And, of course.......

Dude!!! That site is awesome!!!

I watch a ton of Disney youtube, both about past and present, but there is some stuff on that site even I didn't know.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
DISNEY HAS A FLYING ROBOT!!! And it flies on its own, not attached to anything.

They are going to dress it up like Spider Man and it will zoom over the new Marvel Campus in Disneyland.

Sweet!

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In the 15 years Iger served as CEO, the Walt Disney Company acquired Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox, opened the Shanghai Disney Resort and launched ESPN+ and Disney+.

Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO. Disney Parks chairman Bob Chapek replaces him.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I like how a parks guy is taking over. Hopefully he focuses on the parks.

Iger was great and oversaw some big changes to the lands but he was more about making a film empire which (like channel said) he did pretty well with Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20th Century FOX and lastly Disney+.

The guy before him, Michael Eisner was real big on park development. He did a ton for all the parks. He created both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

I'm a parks guy. I want the parks to be the constant focus of the top brass.

In other Disney news today they announced that Spaceship Earth will go down for a major refurb in May. Spaceship Earth gets an update every like 20 years and it's finally time for another one. I'll be sad it's down but looking forward to what the new Spaceship Earth will be.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That is so freaking cool. I'd love to be on a boat that sunk on Jungle Cruise or Pirates or any of those wet rides. Really I'd like to be on any ride that broke down and I got to be evacuated. Especially the Haunted Mansion.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Haunted Mansion is my favorite. Last time I was on that ride, it didn't break, but it did stop for like 5 minutes, which I thought was cool.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
As long as I don’t have to swim, or hang upside down for hours waiting for mountaineers to climb up to rescue me, getting stuck for a few would be kinda fun.