All Time Favorite Game

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I played the first Resident Evil when it came out for the Playstation. It was laggy, boring and frustrating to play. I've never played its successors.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
nes-open-tournament-golf-nes.jpg
444px-Contra_cover.jpg

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
A close second would be the first SPLINTER CELL on XBOX. Man, the CIA level alone took FOREVER to complete. Great action/stealth game. Loved it.

This is number one for me. Incredibly cool atmosphere. I actually--I swear to God--caught myself sneaking down a dim hallway at work in a crouch after some marathon Sam Fisher sessions.

Back away from the console, Mr. Fan. :twitch:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Also, I liked this game on the Commodore 64:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLsJBmk_TMY]YouTube - Below The Root[/ame]

And Syberia on the Xbox. I like odd environments.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4IstDuvyzc]YouTube - Syberia PC Game Trailer[/ame]

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I would have to say QUAKE. I have always loved Doom, but, to me Quake had a great look, and was wonderful to play, (I love the Nailgun!)

:bigthumbup:

QUAKE is #1 for me. Not to mention the soundtrack was by Nine Inch Nails. :ter:

I was a bit younger when I played it and it scared the HELL out of me playing in the dark with headphones on. I still get shivers...

I liked the codes, too. "God" and whatever the others were... I just remember being able to walk through walls.

Last edited:

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
QUAKE is #1 for me. Not to mention the soundtrack was by Nine Inche Nails. :ter:

I was a bit younger when I played it and it scared the HELL out of me playing in the dark with headphones on. I still get shivers...

I liked the codes, too. "God" and whatever the others were... I just remember being able to walk through walls.

That is the thing about ID, I think they were one of the first to recognize that the game should be fun, but, also, scare the crap out of you...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
no tetris lovin from anyone? i played that for hours upon hours for the original gameboy.

files.php

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Yeah, I used to play Tetris a lot on the NES!

I used to play it all the time on the NES as well. I just discovered Pantera and I had gotten Vulgar Display of Power. I listened to that tape while playing Tetris over and over again. I probably did that almost daily for two months.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA

CONTRA RULES!!!

We had to go to a birthday party for our nephew that was turning 7 and I bought him CONTRA 4 for the Nintendo DS. The best part is that it was a pre-owned game so it was already open. I snuck in before we gave it to him and played it for about 20 minutes on my sons DS!!! It was just like the Contra for NES. I almost kept it for myself!!!

UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START!!!

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Ok, so it took me a few months of pontificating....

I agree the First Splinter Cell was awesome. I burned many with Sam crouched in a corner figuring out patterns so I could slip around undetected.

The Halo series has been pretty good. I still remember hearing the intro music for the first time and getting chills.

right now I have been playing Burnout Paradise with the Big Island add-on on the 360, Now that I got my Xbox Live back up and running (ISP issues). It's a racing/crashing/stunt driving game with a wide variety of "rides" from the fast cars to beefed-up humvees. The online mutiplayer is fun with tons of stuff to do.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I agree the First Splinter Cell was awesome. I burned many with Sam crouched in a corner figuring out patterns so I could slip around undetected.

I used to love the comments on fanboy discussion boards when this game came out: "This game sucks! You only get like 12 bullets and you die so fast!"

Um, it's not a shooter, d*ckhead. It's stealth action. :rolleyes:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
yeah, it did take some getting used to not being able to shoot your way out of a situation, and it was frustrating when the mission would end because someone saw you. But when you dropped behind someone, knocked them out, and stashed them in a corner, it was worth it.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
yeah, it did take some getting used to not being able to shoot your way out of a situation, and it was frustrating when the mission would end because someone saw you. But when you dropped behind someone, knocked them out, and stashed them in a corner, it was worth it.

Probably the most fun I ever had playing a video game was when you had to break into CIA headquarters in the first Splinter Cell.

I was newly married, we had no kids and my wife worked retail until about 9.30pm and I was off at 5pm. I'd go to the gym after work, come home and play from about 7.30-9.30 or later sitting in my papasan chair (remember those peices of shiZ) from Peir 1 and go nuts trying to get by all the people in their offices.

Probably my all time favorite game on the "nextgen" consoles.

When I say "nextgen" I consider Atari the Gen 1, then NES Gen 2 and then SNES, Genesis Gen 3 and so on. Games didn't get super awesome until the PS2 and the Xbox.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Probably the most fun I ever had playing a video game was when you had to break into CIA headquarters in the first Splinter Cell.

I was newly married, we had no kids and my wife worked retail until about 9.30pm and I was off at 5pm. I'd go to the gym after work, come home and play from about 7.30-9.30 or later sitting in my papasan chair (remember those peices of shiZ) from Peir 1 and go nuts trying to get by all the people in their offices.

The first Splinter Cell was damned hard. They made the rest easier by using a more forgiving checkpoint and save system. The first one was basically, "Oh, you died? Go back to the checkpoint you passed six hours ago and re-do it all, loser."

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I was laughing, then I remembered that you mentioned that you were "cobble(ing) together all the bits of information you've leaked about yourselves over the years and find out where you live." :shock:

I've got you nailed down to somewhere in southern Colorado. :p